Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Get a vacuum cleaner and suck it out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Pete-)
    Which is why I'm advising he doesn't introduce pressurised water into his other ear, filling it up with water and possibly inducing deafness in that ear too. Satisfied?

OP - Ring NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 and they'll advise you as to the best course of action
    i was joking :p:

im going with NHS direct too.

Surely water damage has got to be better than this?

I have had it before when i was on holiday and yeah it hurt but weighing it up...

God i wish i never brought my brother his BB gun for his birthday. Next year im getting him chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    Y'know bb pellets have gunpowder in them right? don't put too much pressure on it, as it could explode and blow your head off. That's the thing about the shower, you put your right ear against it, it goes through your sinuses and pushes the pellet BACK OUT your left ear. Also, the water dampens the gunpowder. Listen to me OP, and you'll be fine, ignore this lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaijin)

I once got into a smiliar jam when I stuck a button up my nose.
    my teacher in the infants read us a book about a girl who did this once. it was so good i borrowed it so i could read it again at home. and it stopped me from trying to ever stick things where they maybe arent supposed to go.

Surely water damage has got to be better than this?
    flooding the opposite ear will make no difference. flooding the blocked ear will probably move it around, probably further in, and maybe scratching/bruising/whatevering the inside of your ear which i believe is pretty sensitive.

(Original post by rubberducky)
    Get a vacuum cleaner and suck it out!
    I thought this, but will it just suck the air out from around it and actually end up going back??

This BB thing hasnt got gunpowder in lol. Its just solid plastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshestkid)
    Y'know bb pellets have gunpowder in them right? don't put too much pressure on it, as it could explode and blow your head off. That's the thing about the shower, you put your right ear against it, it goes through your sinuses and pushes the pellet BACK OUT your left ear. Also, the water dampens the gunpowder. Listen to me OP, and you'll be fine, ignore this lot
    Please tell me that you realise that your ears aren't connected by one long tube that goes straight through the middle of your head like in a Warner Bros cartoon.

OP - why aren't you on the phone right now?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I thought this, but will it just suck the air out from around it and actually end up going back??

This BB thing hasnt got gunpowder in lol. Its just solid plastic.
    Do not use a hoover. That would be a stupid idea. You might burst your eardrum and you're right, air can't exactly get through the 'other end' of your ear so it won't come out, it'll just hurt like buggery. :rolleyes:

Phone NHS Direct (edit: now) - someone here will know the phone number. Do not fall asleep, just in case you roll over onto that ear. Feel free to have a look with a mirror to see how far in it is but don't touch it. Leave it to the professionals.

And keep your head tilted left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessa)
    my teacher in the infants read us a book about a girl who did this once. it was so good i borrowed it so i could read it again at home. and it stopped me from trying to ever stick things where they maybe arent supposed to go.
    Now only if they could hand this out to Britain's pedophiles...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Pete-)
    Please tell me that you realise that your ears aren't connected by one long tube that goes straight through the middle of your head like in a Warner Bros cartoon.
    WHAT? :stupid:

Im scared to ring. They will only tell me to go to A+E but i cant.

ReputationRep:
    Im scared to ring. They will only tell me to go to A+E but i cant.
    no they will give you better advice than any of us can and let you know whether it can wait till the morning. if they tell you to go to A&E its because they believe you are in danger of causing serious damage, so it would be worth the trip. and, maybe, this wont be the most ridiculous story they have had someone ringing up with, so dont be embarrassed. phone them, thats what theyre there for.

But i cant physically get to A+E. I cant afford a taxi, buses arent running, i would take like 2 hours to walk there.

URG!

Were people taking the pisswith this water thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessa)
    no they will give you better advice than any of us can and let you know whether it can wait till the morning. if they tell you to go to A&E its because they believe you are in danger of causing serious damage, so it would be worth the trip. and, maybe, this wont be the most ridiculous story they have had someone ringing up with, so dont be embarrassed. phone them, thats what theyre there for.
    Seconded. My friend worked on one of these lines and I have a cousin who works in an A&E department. There was simply no end to the amount of daft things people stuck in daft places.

Getting things stuck in your ear is not new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshestkid)
    WHAT? :stupid:
    i.e. Shower water into right ear does not equal a gush of water out of left ear followed by whatever is stuck in your ear.

OP - Call them as they're trained professionals and as has been said will know if it can wait until morning. A&E will be the only way to get it out safely in all probability, but it would be good to find out if you should be going now or tomorrow wouldn't it?

As for how to get to A&E - uncle/aunt/grandmother/neighbour/schoolteacher?!?

ReputationRep:

None of them live close, except my nan who cant drive. I have no way of contacting teachers.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    just ring it!

tell them what happened and listen to them, if need be someone will come to you and help

ReputationRep:
    None of them live close, except my nan who cant drive. I have no way of contacting teachers.
    Your neighbours don't live close?

Please for the love of sanity, ring the number and listen to what they have to say. You don't have to take their advice, but it's the only place you'll be getting any help from a trained healthcare professional at 2am.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.