Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks ladyportakabin :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
Aha, thankyou!

(Rats I want to know sooner than that...)

:biggrin:

I kind of hope that I get a nice, quiet, expensive room. I know I'll be partying hard a lot of the time but I know I'll value silence highly come exams time.
Reply 22
Bah! Work! - Chris, 18, Mathematics and Management Studies, accomodation unknown
Hi

Rach, 18, English, no accomadation info yet

Cant wait to go!!! glad i got my results, else i'd b goin to aberyswyth now. No offense to aberyswythians, but there was no way i was gonna go there.

xxxx
Reply 24
Hi!

Rhiannon, 18, English and Philosophy, accommodation unknown.

My myspace is http://www.myspace.com/99264906

:smile:
Reply 25
Rob, 26 , MusicInformatics

Abbie
living off Elm Grove near sainsburys.

Same as me:smile:
Reply 26
lauren!
oh cool! :smile: how good were these times? nice place to live?

It's not the snazziest accomodation, but you'll have 11 other people in your corridor who you'll get to know fairly quickly...

There's a TV room downstairs, which is a total blessing with the naff reception on campus. Rooms are a decent size. 50% chance of having a ludicrously small kitchen. 2 toilets, 2 showers, and a bath between 12. Sounds worse than it is... You'll be within stumbling distance of York House USSU Shop for food/booze essentials, and East Slope Bar / Doctor's Surgery. Central security based in York House, so you can have mates to stay with nobody checking... Oh, and there's broadband RESNET now. :smile:

I loved it. But make an effort to get to know people outside of your accomodation sooner rather than later, or you might find yourself a bit limited later on.
rowan, 18, english, slightly dazed after today. yes that is where i am staying
Am I the only one that put all 8 choices down on the form?! Feel like an idiot dipstick now
How about semi-freshers? I know I'll only be there for like four months, but I couldn't be more excited!

millbrook85 - Heath - 20 - English - York House
Reply 30
Jens - Jen, 18, Media studies, don't know about accommodation yet!
Reply 31
JayC - Jimmy, 19, Media and Cultural Studies, Lewes Court 32C
Reply 32
musicalfruit
Am I the only one that put all 8 choices down on the form?! Feel like an idiot dipstick now

no no I did that too! I thought you had to!
Reply 33
Lydia - 19, second year History. Lived in Holland House last year and living on Coombe Road (off Lewes Road) now.
zoea85
no no I did that too! I thought you had to!

That's what it said but loads of people seem to have only put down 2 choices :frown: Are we likely to get rubbish accommodation because we now look like we don't really care where we end up? :confused:
Reply 35
musicalfruit
That's what it said but loads of people seem to have only put down 2 choices :frown: Are we likely to get rubbish accommodation because we now look like we don't really care where we end up? :confused:

damn I hope not! I only did it because I thought if I didn't I'd pee them off and they'd give me rubbish accommodation because they were peed off!
Reply 36
musicalfruit

I filled in all eight spaces and got given my first choice, so no, it shouldn't make any odds.
Pennywise
I filled in all eight spaces and got given my first choice, so no, it shouldn't make any odds.

Question :smile: Did you get an unconditional?
Reply 38
musicalfruit
Question :smile: Did you get an unconditional?

I put all 8 and got my first choice but i was unconditional.

But it's really irrelevant now guys - just remember you will be fine and very very happy wherever you are. It's the people that make uni so fab, not the ensuite! go and celebrate tonight and then in a couple of weeks when the accommodation comes through you can get even more excited than you are now :wink:
I also ranked all 8, but I don't suppose it made a difference as it seems they were going to give me York House no matter what. I do hope that there are plenty of English students there in addition to all of us internationals; I was rather hoping to get some English culture in while I'm over there!

like this ----> :tee:
and this----> :beer:

Latest