Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well I think ur pretty exoskeletal- u look like a pixie!

ReputationRep:
    To be quite honest, he should be banned.

ReputationRep:
    No, not banned, just set on a righteous path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ray)
    well I think ur pretty exoskeletal- u look like a pixie!

thanks honey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangliss)
    I'm sure there'll be other SOAS students in the same position, so don't worry!
    i am she. I know what you mean, fasting can be quite anti social. Normally when im fasting i spend most of my day sitting still and thinking about what im going to eat when i open my fast. :indiff:

I also think there will be a lot of other muslims fasting, last year i spoke to some non muslims who had decided to fast (but they just wanted to lose weight)

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about feeling isolated during ramadan soas seems to have loads of practising muslims, the islamic soc seems quite big.
    http://www.soasisoc.com/

ReputationRep:
    i know there'll be loads of muslims at soas, but most of them wont be expected to be @ home when they break their fast and i live like 1 n 1/2 hr away!!! which also means i wont be moving to london for 1 mnth - this sucks!!!
    i think i mite just wallow in self pity.

but if someone is still looking for accommodation - i get to move during Ramadhan

also dnt think my message to the rude kid aka letsgetwrecked.
    bt i honestly think you are going to have a difficult time fitting in at SOAS as you seem to be incredibly ignorant of other people's cultures.

Finally, with every intention of sounding like a whining child, stop being mean to exoskeletal! - have you ever experienced pretty that doesnt appear on the sites you may ponder over for hours???!!!???

ReputationRep:
    miss_socialite - we should probably organise an event just after Ramadan so that everyone can meet all those who weren't there at freshers... I don't think anyone would begrudge us for having another party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangliss)
    miss_socialite - we should probably organise an event just after Ramadan so that everyone can meet all those who weren't there at freshers... I don't think anyone would begrudge us for having another party
    I sooooo agree!!!!
    should/will be v good...

ReputationRep:
    just a quick question
    as my friend has totally confused me:
    does term start on 25th??? or a week after???

ReputationRep:
    You sort out paperwork on the week of the 25th, instruction starts October 2nd.

ReputationRep:
    The excitement is reaching boiling point!!!1!1!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Rather looking forward to it myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prabh88)
    Rather looking forward to it myself!
    Why's that then? You copycat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prabh88)
    And why am I a copycat now? Can I not share the mutual feeling of really wanting to go to uni now lol?! And if you ask why, then it's because I really want to meet some new people and go out and have a good time!
    Piers says (21:04):
    she wants you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banksy)
    she wants you

Excuse me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banksy)
    she wants you
    Clearly taken out of context!

I, too, am bubbling over with excitement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piers-)
    Clearly taken out of context!

I, too, am bubbling over with excitement
    Nice cover up buddy. Pierz is my wingman.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh i love the student room- so much excitement!! we've had major argument, intervention of a moderator, new friendships and now sweet love!

ReputationRep:
    I can only assume Ray referred to the sweet sweet unbreakable bond Banksy and I have made.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 27, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

SOAS Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered SOAS ThreadsFind out what student life in London is really like in students' own wordsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other SOAS applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.