Report 12 years ago
Well done everyone that got in!
ames123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sexysax)
Oh I know you can, but it's not really worth the hassle and if one didn't want to come in the first place then they shouldn't have got this far anyway!
I withdrew my application after confirming my place at a uni.
sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Did you? Why?

What uni?
ames123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Did you? Why?

What uni?
Nottingham Trent. After I didn't get into my first two choices I decided to go there but there was no accomadation on site, the nearest was a few miles away.

Woah lots of thread to read, had taken me about 15mins to read them all!
stefjarvis
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ames123)
Hey, I know how you feel, I didn't get in to my unis either and didn't know I was going to Bangor until sbout 2 weeks before!
I do history so any questions you have ask away! I also have a friend who does history with journalism.

how are you enjoying history? i'm gonna do history and archeology and was just wondering what sort of things you do in the first year,
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ames123)
Nottingham Trent. After I didn't get into my first two choices I decided to go there but there was no accomadation on site, the nearest was a few miles away.

Woah lots of thread to read, had taken me about 15mins to read them all!
Ah right! Yeh loads of threads, I'll let you catch up, I'm going out in a bit!
ames123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah right! Yeh loads of threads, I'll let you catch up, I'm going out in a bit!
Done them all before!
ames123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by stefjarvis)
how are you enjoying history? i'm gonna do history and archeology and was just wondering what sort of things you do in the first year,
I enjoyed most of my modules, they are quite interesting. You will probably do some of the Archaeolody modules I did I think, though don't quote me on that. One is a basic introduction to it which is quite good and makes you realise why they do the stuff they do on Timeteam. You will learn dating techniques and how they excavate (what happens before excavation etc).There are a couple of field trips throughout the year. In freshers week last year all of history went out for the day to Angelsey and Snowdonia visiting historical sites.
befskulls
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, it's just over a month left to go now isn't it? So glad everyone got in though, well done everyone! I'm starting to get scared of it now lol, knew as soon as Alevel results were out I would, although also feeling kinda good cause I wasn't 100% sure about if I'd made the right choice but I've checked clearing and there's no places at the other uni I picked Bangor over so I've got no 'what ifs' and can actually start looking forward to coming properly
mia gen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hi Folks!

Change of plan, I'm full of them; keeps me on my toes you see!

I'm coming to Bangor after all, yippeee

#troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll# #troll#

Excited or what! Off my trollees one might say! Lol!!

Got my place back on the Psychology course but will be a couple of weeks late starting as I have to get back from New Zealand, but they say that's okay. Got to take pot luck with accomm though because they said most of it is sorted now so will have to see!

Will post again soon and let you know where I'm up to!

Colette
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Excellent, I'm really pleased! See you soon!
dani_88
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Oh wicked! See ya in september colette!
mizlegz
Report 12 years ago
i'm really really excited now cannot wait .. :aetsch: :bird: :bang: :dancing: :banana: ;farhan; #groovy# .. although i'm so sad 2 be leaving my friends .. how easy is it for people 2 come and stay over and stuff ????
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Very easy! Train station is close, and nobody ever checks to see if you have any visitors in your room .
Amlea
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
he he thats coool i already have friends who wanna stay over!! I got a load of forms and stuff today...its ENDLESS!!
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Woo!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads