medics? Watch

Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Despite what Elles says (which is technically true) the wonders of the internet mean that you can keep taking out the same books every week without having to go into the library and you can keep them over the hols provided you take them out in the last week of full term.

I'm yet to have lectures with a medic (altho HumScis and biochemists are a regular fixture in Zoology) but as she says there may be some crossover later on
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, I had discovered... but doesn't change that each termly loan length is only weekly from the Hooke so if someone requests a copy & they're all out (which will most likely happen for the very latest edition of the few core books everyone wants at the same time e.g. RDRM for Pharm seminars) then you enter into cat & mouse = do I run up a fine or keep trying to renew until 4.50pm & hope someone else will have taken theirs back instead...
That's my rationale for advising college library first, then resorting to the Hooke to be a better bet = probably won't be recallable in a week & less distance to carry, NB especially relevant with 2nd year Neuro text books... :p:
But to clarify in case anyone inferred that you couldn't renew, you definitely can by OLIS (the web interfacey thing)/phone/person as long as no one else wants them & you haven't renewed up to the max - which is pretty high, I only reached it for a few.

sTe\/o, not sure whether we will need to buy many - I just thought there might be more of a case for having your own texts of these to keep than there was with preclinical basic-science type books - so preparing myself for the worst!
sTe\/o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Elles: you may have found this already, but I noticed yesterday that the clinical medics' freshers' guide was up: http://www.osler.co.uk/freshers.aspx
It's a 30-something page pdf.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.42%
No (438)
60.66%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.91%

Watched Threads