Turn on thread page Beta

So i guess its now our turn. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! I can't wait for this to be all over, just 7 more days. It sounds like forever. 'Stay strong my friends the day of our judgement is near as predicted by the oracle of QCA, the day of judgment will vindicate the worker and smite the couch potatoe'. I know don't ask who told me that lol.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! I can't wait for this to be all over, just 7 more days. It sounds like forever. 'Stay strong my friends the day of our judgement is near as predicted by the oracle of QCA, the day of judgment will vindicate the worker and smite the couch potatoe'. I know don't ask who told me that lol.

ReputationRep:
    Lol! I know exatly what you mean. It's gonna b a bit of an anti climax on Thur, all that building up to results day then nothing

ReputationRep:
    I'm working loads, so I'm quite busy during the day. Nothing but TSR in the evenings though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've been mainly thinking about what time have for breakfast/lunch/dinner and where to go later that day.

My mind hasnt been on the results day that much, a little more this week though.

ReputationRep:
    Pft, I go to work from 9-5, come home, and sit on TSR all night

Just reading the posts about A(s) level results; watching the news; talking to my sister about her results is making me nervous, and I haven't even taken my GCSEs yet! :p:

Good luck to everyone- I hope you do as well as you wanted to/get the required grades to go to sixth form/college and do the courses you want. But if not, there are always other options and there will be people there to help you too. I think it's situations like this when you really do realise how much help there is out there, and people who care.

Oh my, I really don't want to do this in a year's time..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks suuuuseh, you too next year! :p: I can't think what it will be like; in fact, I can't even envision receiving and discovering my results. It's going to be weird...

I like reading how the A level people have done, it gives me something to live up to :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Brimstone for my first shiny gem
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    Someone please help me to be nervous - I feel like absbolutely no emotion about thursday. Like at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_one)
    Someone please help me to be nervous - I feel like absbolutely no emotion about thursday. Like at all.
    these results ARE the most important of your life, if you fail you will have wasted the last 2 years. IT could affect no IT WILL AFFECT your chances of doing a levels and Unis. Therefore you may not get the job you want. You could end up unemployed and on benefits all because you failed in these exams. EVEN mess up in english/maths could set you back.

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream i got a predicted (A) for R.E and it said (E) actual grade!
    I saw one (A) and (C, C), another (C). Omg. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM SO SCARED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoe)
    these results ARE the most important of your life, if you fail you will have wasted the last 2 years. IT could affect no IT WILL AFFECT your chances of doing a levels and Unis. Therefore you may not get the job you want. You could end up unemployed and on benefits all because you failed in these exams. EVEN mess up in english/maths could set you back.
    but thats just simply not true - you don't have to get the top gcse grades to excell and succeed in life. I've come to realise that, and I just am so

(Original post by LucidExtra)
    I had a dream i got a predicted (A) for R.E and it said (E) actual grade!
    I saw one (A) and (C, C), another (C). Omg. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM SO SCARED
    Last night I dreamt I got a G in PE :p: as well as a mixture of literally 20 Ds, Es and Us- despite the fact I'm only taking 11 or so GCSEs.

Despite my use of smilies; yes, it really did freak me out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoe)
    That is rather OTT. GCSEs are not the most important things in your life, and it's no use scaring yourself that they are. Yes, they do have some bearing, but be rational, everybody.

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited not nervous! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcD)
    I'm excited not nervous! :p:
    Yeah right - wait until Wednesday :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    Last night I dreamt I got a G in PE :p: as well as a mixture of literally 20 Ds, Es and Us- despite the fact I'm only taking 11 or so GCSEs.

Despite my use of smilies; yes, it really did freak me out.
    Lol! Dude you didn't even take your GCSEs this year! lol

ReputationRep:
    I got nervous about one result yesterday, nevermind 10-fold that next Thursday

(Original post by lil_one)
    Lol! Dude you didn't even take your GCSEs this year! lol
    Exactly! And with a year and a week to go I wonder how many more of these dreams I could face up until then.. :p:

To be fair, I think I only had the dream because my sister was telling me about her AS results from yesterday right before I went to bed, and she showed me her statement of results. In the dream it looked exactly like the last one she showed me.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.