Cambridge Society "Party". Watch

JeremyC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KAISER_MOLE)
Free booze/buffet? If one is close to me, I can't see why I wouldn't give it a popparoo
The Dorset Coming-up Party is in Dorchester (Thomas Hardye School, Queens Avenue, Dorchester, to be precise), and has no charge.

I can, however, see a reason why you wouldn't go. It's scheduled for the 27th September.

(There is, however, a party in Taunton on the 21st September, if you can be bothered to go to Somerset.)
Mr. Jim
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what's wrong with the 27th?
JeremyC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
He's going up to Cambridge by the 26th.
Aired
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
John's scientists/mathmos start on the 26th

Edit: beaten to it :rolleyes:
Rogery
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Has anyone ever gatecrashed one of these things? Because from what I've heard they sound pretty lame..........and in need of further ruining .
Mr. Jim
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aired)
John's scientists/mathmos start on the 26th
wow, er, i'm so...jealous...:rolleyes:
Liz150888
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is there a scottish one does anyone know?
Mr. Jim
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah i saw there was one in edburg, but there were 2 sheets of a4 listing the places...
The Albatross
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i went to one in Devon
it was naff. old people, tea and cakes, no music, 2-5 ish.
I did meet someone I'm now friends with, but i'd have met him anyway, since he's at my college.

tbh, TSR is a better way of meeting people before you go up.
JaF
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
They're totally totally naff. You'd be lucky if you meet anyone you'll even see again when you come to Cambridge.
That one we went to was quality - what are you on about!
proudclod
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ours was wilfully pointless, as I already knew 90% of the attendees.

But it's a free finger buffet, if you must...
SaccerZD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My nearest one is Repton school, somewhere in Derbyshire, but it's only 6-8pm?! A lot of people say it's not worth going, especially since most of them will be at different collges doing different colleges and you won't see them again. Don't know if I'm going to go or not.
SaccerZD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
PS: shouldn't track have updated yet? I've phoned the uni, so I know I've got in, but track is still the same as it was in april.
Bring_it_on
Report 12 years ago
Im thinking of going to the london one in the hope that i meet some people who live sorta near me and i'll have some1 to travel back with on wkends or hols....plus FREE BOOZE!!! Any1 else going to the london one?
SaccerZD
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There is another thread about this, with more posts:

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=271634
Twiglet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is all the info in the freshers pack? - I havent got mine yet, Im guessing they'll send it sometime next week tho!
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SaccerZD)
My nearest one is Repton school, somewhere in Derbyshire, but it's only 6-8pm?! A lot of people say it's not worth going, especially since most of them will be at different collges doing different colleges and you won't see them again. Don't know if I'm going to go or not.
My gosh, you're from Whitwell? Crazy closeness. I went to the Repton one.
popop12345
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im thinking of going to the london one but havent got any info on it yet so ??????
figgetyfig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I went to the repton one too (two years ago, seems like forever!) I didn't meet anyone I saw again (because nobody there was from my college or doing my subject) although they did have a second year there to answer questions, and generally go on in an excited manner about how much she loved cambridge (which got me quite excited too :-P)

There were only about a dozen people there form my year, most of whom went to school together and so knew each other already. As for booze, I had to drive there so if there was booze I didn't have any (and hence dont remember if there was or not)

I'd say if you've got nothing better to do then go, but don't cancel/rearrange stuff for it - you're not missing out on anything amazing by not going, especially one as small as the repton one.
CamSPSer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Am going to be a second year at the London one. I think its a useful thing to go to, makes you realise that not everyone is a genius and everyone is in the same position as you. The cost of going is two hours of your life, a few quids transport cost so if its totally boring its not a great loss to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (123)
56.94%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise