Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Tyler Court B woo!

Oh a piece of random advice: bring a door stop!

According to most of my friends who went to uni last year, all doors in halls are big heavy fire doors which technically means you're not supposed to leave them open, but it's a lot more sociable if you do - hence the door stop!

ReputationRep:
    Me! I am going to Kent!!

I am going to be doing a PhD in Community Care.

I did my Psychology BSc undergrad degree at Kent, so it will be strange to go back!

I was wondering if there are any postgrads out there who are also going to kent? and if so, whehter you have received any news regarding accomodation???

Freshers-I hope you have a fab time at Kent! I stayed at Keynes college for my 1st year. Keynes isnt that bad, although definitely try and get an ensuite room. The non ensuite rooms were manky!

I would be happy to answer any questions regarding Kent or any BSc Psychology questions!

J

ReputationRep:
    Keynes D block is the best IMHO, not ensuite but big bathrooms with a HUGE kitchen. Unfortunately in colleges you don't get cookers, but microwaves...
    Park Wood is AWESOME!!!!
    Also Keynes probably has it the worst out of all the colleges for food, par exemple for breakfast they have to walk to Eliot and for dinner even further along to Rutherford! Sucks if it's cold ofc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makeshiftwings)
    Keynes D block is the best IMHO, not ensuite but big bathrooms with a HUGE kitchen. Unfortunately in colleges you don't get cookers, but microwaves...
    Park Wood is AWESOME!!!!
    Also Keynes probably has it the worst out of all the colleges for food, par exemple for breakfast they have to walk to Eliot and for dinner even further along to Rutherford! Sucks if it's cold ofc.
    I was in Keynes last year (F block). And tbh, it's not that bad having to walk to breakfast you get used to pretty quickly, also you could just not bother (as i know some people who did). the best rooms in keynes are the en-suite one but they have small kitchens.
    D Block does have big kitchens but the rooms are awful. The best rooms are in the new parkwood nice and colourful.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the 'new' parkwood? What courts

ReputationRep:
    Kemsdale, Nickle, Stock and Bossenden.

ReputationRep:
    damn i now feel crap that im in Thornden

ReputationRep:
    Thornden is much more social!

ReputationRep:
    Is it a really dirty and crap tho?

ReputationRep:
    No. That's Darwin. All the courts are quite nice imo.

ReputationRep:
    What about Rutherford?! I'm so pissed off that they didnt give me self-catering... Film studies and German language here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traceless)
    Hey, I'm doing computer science... as long as they've accepted my course transfer (I'm a computer geek Jennie, the worst kind )

Nice to meet you all!

Where's everyone staying?
    Kool. I'm going for Compsci as well. I'm assumin you're doing BSc G404 right? With year in industry? I can't wait. I'll be in the Darwin college accomodation (but strangely my membership is with Rutherford College). What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in. Kent Law. Living in my own house with Boyfriend. 12 days to go. WooHoo. Has taken ages for this year to come around.

ReputationRep:
    im going to kent to do politics and law. staying a parkwood in stock court. give me a holla if ur staying at parkwood

ReputationRep:
    Gah!Is Darwin really bad? I'm in Darwin houses :s

ReputationRep:
    Nah Darwin houses are quite nice x

ReputationRep:
    Starting Politics & IR this year, I'm in Rutherford. I've been waiting for EVER for this to happen... Less than a week to go!

ReputationRep:
    Rutherford is awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traceless)
    Rutherford is awesome!
    That's good news!!

ReputationRep:
    What is Eliot like?
    Not too good from what i've heard

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.