Turn on thread page Beta

What kinda friend is this? watch

ReputationRep:
    not much of a friend at all - i can understand going out to the party, but if she felt she had to lie about it, whether it was jealousy or not, is really crap. Dont waste your time on her mate, she'l proably be another of the no-hopers that spend all their time messing decent ppls head up. Not worth the time or effort if shes not going to change

ReputationRep:
    This friend made a hUUUUge mistake. DisgUUUUsting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so its results day and my friend got UUUU, and was very disappointed. So because I care about her I said i'd take her out somewhere as I had no plans myself. She told me she had a driving lesson but would come out after, but was actually round another mates house having a party. I asked her when she came back and she told me that her phone was broken, so she couldnt text me, and that she was at home all afternoon.

Is she a friend or not?
    Why would a real friend lie to you so you didn't know she was at a party? If she was a friend, she'd invite you along, surely?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by supernova2)
    maybe it was a U's only party
    Maybe. Oh, I never thought of that. That makes it ok to lie.

I know someone who is like that and i just cant be bothered with them anymore...they tell so many lies you wonder if they do ever tell the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caster Troy2)
    Send her an email:

I think U were being quite silly last night, going to a party when U said U'd come out with me. I think U need to consider what being a friend involves. As U can see, I'm not happy
    That's the funniest post I've ever read on this forum....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kura1984)
    That's the funniest post I've ever read on this forum....

seriously, i laughed for about 5 minutes non-stop, then half an hour later i re read the thread and almost started crying of laughter

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know you COULD fail at Alevel! I mean you would have to get seriously LOW marks in ALL of your moduals... they must have had SOME idea!

As for what she did to you, just slap her about a bit....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatnik~87)
    I think she maybe jealous of you and you're results.
    Your results, not you're results. I got a tad confused reading that. (sorry for nit-picking - it's probably just a typo. But I thought it best to tell you cus you're going into Law)

Anyway, as to the OP - do you know if she definitely went out to that party? In any case, forgive her. I mean, I remember I was really upset one time cus my friend said she'd meet me at school during lunch and I waited for her and she never turned up - later I found out she ended up hanging out with another one of our friends and just didn't bother coming. I mean, things like that happen.

Mind you, since then, I figured she can't have been that good a friend to me. We're still in contact and we're both at uni now, but we're just split between friends/aquaintances. But then again, no harm done keeping a person you could chat with and get on with. She was the one who initiated contact after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magnad)
    She sounds about as good as her results...
    :rofl:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Bubblebee)
    I didn't know you COULD fail at Alevel! I mean you would have to get seriously LOW marks in ALL of your moduals... they must have had SOME idea!
    Fail = under 40% UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Your results, not you're results. I got a tad confused reading that. (sorry for nit-picking - it's probably just a typo. But I thought it best to tell you cus you're going into Law)

Anyway, as to the OP - do you know if she definitely went out to that party? In any case, forgive her. I mean, I remember I was really upset one time cus my friend said she'd meet me at school during lunch and I waited for her and she never turned up - later I found out she ended up hanging out with another one of our friends and just didn't bother coming. I mean, things like that happen.

Mind you, since then, I figured she can't have been that good a friend to me. We're still in contact and we're both at uni now, but we're just split between friends/aquaintances. But then again, no harm done keeping a person you could chat with and get on with. She was the one who initiated contact after all.
    Thanks I am an english student and ralee make mustacakes liek that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but 'Nah, don't worry, I'm going to a party later' would have been perfectly fine. She sounds like a total *****. I'm sure she got the results she deserved.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2006
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.