Unconditional offer without interview? Watch

ArVi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Platocrates)

(Original post by dragons_circle)
Oxbridge will always require interviews (note plural). They do not give offers without interview.
I reckon someone will prove you wrong in here..:p:
^^

I was given a conditional offer without an interview. (I'm an international student btw.. That's probably why)
Epicurus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
facetious
Jigglypuff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Epicurus)
facetious
That is the one.

I need to read a dictionary before coming up to Cambridge I think- I used to be good at spelling.
Ali-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jan (Honza))
afaik, if it isn't possible to conduct an interview in person, either in the UK or in the likes of East Asia, they will do their best to arrange a phone interview.

there probably isn't many cases of offers without any sort of interview, though there surely are exceptions, as always.
How about handing over the phone to someone else, for instance in a law interview to a law academic.
dragons_circle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ArVi)
^^

I was given a conditional offer without an interview. (I'm an international student btw.. That's probably why)
Hehe, ok then! (Well done btw!)
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dragons_circle)
Hehe, ok then! (Well done btw!)
Thanks
Nutter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ali-)
How about handing over the phone to someone else, for instance in a law interview to a law academic.
It would be too obvious - don't even think about it. These people are highly experienced in conducing such interviews - they know all about being nervous and anxious.

They'll throw in random questions that anyone but yourself won't be able to answer immediately.

Plus even IF it goes smoothly, they'll toss you out of Oxford the moment its uncovered. It WILL be ugly.
Ali-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nutter)
It would be too obvious - don't even think about it. These people are highly experienced in conducing such interviews - they know all about being nervous and anxious.

They'll throw in random questions that anyone but yourself won't be able to answer immediately.

Plus even IF it goes smoothly, they'll toss you out of Oxford the moment its uncovered. It WILL be ugly.
It was meant to be a joke. But, the point presented by you, is absolutely right. Nevertheless, do you think that one is at a disadvantage if he or she is interviewed on the phone.
Jigglypuff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ali-)
It was meant to be a joke. But, the point presented by you, is absolutely right. Nevertheless, do you think that one is at a disadvantage if he or she is interviewed on the phone.
It depends on whether or not they ugly.
Nutter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ali-)
I do think you will find it quite a challenge, as compared to others who have a face-to-face interview, to convince admission tutors that you deserve the seat. The reasons are pretty darn obvious really. There's just insufficient personal contact and phone conversations tend to be alot snappier. Plus, if the sound quality is poor, it would certainly not bode well for you if you were to request that they repeat themselves each time. All these small reasons do add up.

And on that note, 5,000 posts.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?