Turn on thread page Beta

Hangover Cures!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    or a dissolvable ibruprofren, the fizzyness stops ur tummy churning and it pain relieves too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexyKe)
    or a dissolvable ibruprofren, the fizzyness stops ur tummy churning and it pain relieves too!
    soluble?
    "Dissolvable" is such a cute word though.

ReputationRep:
    bottle of lucozade and a bottle of lucozade hydroactive. works like a charm

ReputationRep:
    i reckon its different for different people, spose just gotta keep trying and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redhotchilipepper)
    i reckon its different for different people, spose just gotta keep trying and see
    Drink spirits that are 'light' in colour such as vodka and you won't experience hang overs
    I never do!

ReputationRep:
    Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin will definitely cure your hangover. However, there are some minor side effects and some are not that rare: nausea; vomitting; losing all your hair; heart attacks; becoming gay; and growing extra breasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chilin_dude)
    Drink spirits that are 'light' in colour such as vodka and you won't experience hang overs
    I never do!
    Frankly, I'd rather drink my own urine than vodka. If you want to drink good drinks like red wine, brandy and whisky to excess while avoiding a hangover then drink about a litre of water before going to sleep. If you want to go for the 'light drink' approach then stick to gin and white wine if you have any taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim Kabel)
    ^how would paracetemol affect how you feel in the morning if you take it before bed? They wear off after 4 hours.

There is no cure for a hangover apart from paracetemol in the morning. The body has lost a relatively high amount of water which cannot be replaced in the morning when the toxins/alcohol is still present in your system and inhibiting ADH production. There are ways to prevent the hangover ; which is drinking water IN BETWEEN drinks; I tried this once and had loads of drinks including brandy and vodka's(mixed = very nice drink) and was completely fine in the morning.
    Paracetamol, piece of bread and 2 pints of water definately does work. The paracetamol is supposed to reduce the swelling or something. I dunno what that means, sounds a bit like **** but from experience i know it does have an effect.

They did it on Brainiac aswell, so thats undeniable proof :p:

The clear spirits thing sort of works. I mean you still get a hang over if you drank absoultely loads, didnt eat anything all night or forgot the paracetamol/water. Considering how drunk you can get compared to the mildness of the hang over, its quite a nice technique though.

And nobody really likes straight vodka, you just pretend to until youre past the point of caring what youre drinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Frankly, I'd rather drink my own urine than vodka. If you want to drink good drinks like red wine, brandy and whisky to excess while avoiding a hangover then drink about a litre of water before going to sleep. If you want to go for the 'light drink' approach then stick to gin and white wine if you have any taste.
    mmm gin. id rather stick to the red wine tho like you originally suggested

there again ive never had a hangover so im a terrible person to give advice, or maybe a fantastic one depending on how you look at it.

ReputationRep:
    go to the gym and sweat it out. always works

ReputationRep:
    A great big greasy fry-up breakfast in bed, orange juice, water and sleep it off.

ReputationRep:
    One thing NOT to do is sitting in the backseat of the car whilst travelling down country lanes with a sadistic father who makes it as bumpy and uncomfortable as possible. I'm yet to discovera decent hangover cure that works,but my dad once bought me a strawberry split ice cream (works for him apparently) and it was BRILLIANT. Didn't cure my hangover, but it tasted good both when it went down and back up again...

ReputationRep:
    My ex maintains that a cup of my coffee cures EVERYTHING.

And lots of water, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Prevention, rather than cure. Drink tap water when you're out; keeping yourself hydrated and quenched is always a good idea. Similarly, water before bed. More water when you wake, and get something solid into you. Weetabix works with me, and honey on toast is my miracle worker.

Works for me, and I felt groggy only for a few mins after getting up this morning.
    yep thats, what I do it does work.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.