Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How old are the majority of people about?

any 24????!

ReputationRep:
    im 21 feel like im 1 of the oldest people attending! oh well! **** it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18....now i feel like the teeny tiny child LOL

ReputationRep:
    so they dont allow routers but what about hubs (switches), or do they only give u one ip address?

im planning to take PC (TV tuner/media center), laptop and xbox 360.

so it would really help if i could connect them all at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    xbox360 kool man can i have a go lol wot games u got for it?

ReputationRep:
    4 days peeps! i will see u all soon even though none of y'all will recognise me and likewise!

ReputationRep:
    is every1 going to alton towers on the saturday?

ReputationRep:
    Timlin i'm not sure about alton towers...it's cash i dont have really.

With regards to routers/hubs/switches.

1) Who'd use a hub...i mean really </geekrant> :P

2) I e-mailed the ICT Support team and asked them and they said no routers/switches/other network appliances that split the connection to more than one device. They have said it costs per extra device to connect to RESNET...which is a bit of a bugger and not really worth it.

They have told me that i'm allowed to run virtual machines though

I get the feeling it's to do with DHCP leases on their servers and MAC address filtering...i get the feeling they've set this up...which sucks big time.

I /was/ going to take my debian desktop to use alongside my windows laptop...as i normally would, but it's not worth it so i'm going to just take my laptop with an extra monitor and have a VM with debian running on the external monitor...

If anyone really wants to engage in geek talk with me e-mail me at [email protected] :P

ReputationRep:
    ok ladies and germs, this is my last entry! leaving from devon at 6 in the morn! the only thing left to say is Levedale house beware! the Timlin is arriving in all his powerful glory!!!!!
    c y'all soon

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2006

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.