Aidans freshers week/events... Watch

Christo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I just want to get the hell back to the bar.

And a lot of our freps and ass reps are pretty cool this year, so I wouldn't mind catching up as soon as possible.

Checking out fresher talent is just a bonus!
edg.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Christo)
Yeah, although I'm trying to think of something a little different. At the moment my main idea is a cannon..
For the record, I don't want to see your 'cannon.'
Christo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by edg.)
For the record, I don't want to see your 'cannon.'
Awesome. You just gave me a classic line for the night!

"Would you like to stroke my cannon?"
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
"......be careful though, it could go off in your face at any moment"
daisychain6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey guys! thanks for the aidans freshers week thingy- it sounds amazin! Was well gutted when i go the "freshers pack" through from aidans and it didnt mention a thing about freshers wK!!! but now i know so yay
Oh just one thing... will aidans send us a letter or ne thin to let us know if we have a single or shared room??
Thanksuuuuuu Helen xx
kathryn16
Report 12 years ago
Ooooo it all sounds really exciting. I can pretty much make something up for each of the themed nights apart from Futuristic. Im not sure I understand that one. Is it robots and stuff?
siblackburn
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
daisychain: ul get a letter through soon enough telling u what room ur in and if ur lucky enough to share, who ur room mate is!
As a general guide; in aidans if ur in a room beginning with A B or C ur in a corridor (shared or single),if its D-F and W its single and away from the main corridors, and H-Q are double ensuites away from the main corridors

Just to be clear, people who aren't aidans freshers, exec or reps ARE NOT allowed in the bar during freshers week, and cant come to events needing tickets (e.g. formals, celidh, boat etc) but can obviously just come for a drink/perv down in town when we go there. So hands off, the freshers are all mine, sorry sarah mwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

See what u mean bout the futuristic night kathryn; thats gona be a toughie. I think i may just get obscenly drunk and turn up having wrapped myself in kitchen tin foil
-sarah-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i'm sure it actually wouldn't be that hard to sneak into the bar though! Si you'll just have to check out all the men for me! remember to ask if they've had gap years!! haha :P (am i still allowed to visit the photoboard to see who out of the open day kids we managed not to put off!?!)

i thought the whole point was that we DID come to the celidh though?! isn't that where we meet our kids?!

and the room letter doesn't come until about a week before you get there so don't stress too much that you haven't got one yet!
kathryn16
Report 12 years ago
Hehe I like your thinking Sarah. Im going to be one of the oldest in the year as I was born in October so lots of the lads are going to be younger than me. Might ask the gap year question myself tehehe.
Christo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why do people seem to think age matters at university?! A year is nothing.
siblackburn
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yer a yr is nothing! just get yerself a toyboy sarah!

forgot bout the celidh, yer we're allowed to that one, but not for the boat or the formal or general usage of the bar during events; il keep an eye out for hunks for ya
God86
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aidan's. love it. living out. love it. durham. love it. fresher's week. wish i remembered it.
Nadia Suzanne
Report 12 years ago
Fresher's week sounds awesome....this coming from an Aidan's fresher. Can't wait! The Ceilidh sounds especially fun. And 70's night, I knew there was a reason I kept my black vinyl cat suit...just kidding :biggrin:
M1ke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ooh, I'm going to bump this because it sounds fun and other Aidan's freshers who turn up here should have a chance to see it.

The activities sounds great - over the summer I've had two toga parties, and I got to the first by cycling there in a toga! The boat thing sounds really interesting too, just a shame about the lectures :P

£400 seems a crazy ammount to spend and I'm glad only one person seemed to go that far - I'm on a budget of about £12 a week so I'll have to get a job as it is. But that won't stop the freshers week fun, oh no!
ChrisH2107
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You really don't need £400. However, you will spend more than £12 in freshers' week.
Kingers
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol same i got no money. instead of food im just guna get my parents to buy me a bottle of absinthe.

Can i come to freshers week? Im going to cuths but i cant remember what they are doing =(
Rach:)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek: Cuths freshers week is going to be awesome!! Just so you know...

Saturday: Move in, formal dinner, Cuth's Factor (like X-factor lol), then Walkabout

Sunday: Tours round the uni if you want one during the day, then Bands night and Studio in the evening

Monday: Grease (as in Lightning) party....which is going to be awesome!

Tuesday: Toga party and Walkabout (I assume with Mary's)

Wednesday: Film/music nights....as this day is matriculation day.

Thursday: Cowboys & Indians bar crawl!

Friday: Party on the Prince Bishop (boat), race night, and Planet of Sound for Fresher's Bop!

Saturday: Paintballing and Cuths Olympics during the day, then Beach Party in the evening!

I'm a fresher's rep by the way....any questions, feel free to ask!
Kingers
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dont i need to buy stuff for these parties. i dont have anythign to wear for a grease lightning party

Do i get info telling me about this stuff, cos ill probably forget it, cheers
Rach:)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah you will, don't worry.

Last year most people just went out on the day and got stuff for the parties depending on which ones you choose to go to....there are a couple of fancy dress shops in town, so it won't be hard to get an outfit, and it won't cost much either. I'd suggest bringing any fancy dress stuff you have up with you though, as it certainly comes in handy!

ps. sorry for hijacking the Aidan's thread....
ChrisH2107
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't be sorry, I'm neutral and can say I have for a while been of the impression that Cuths rocks, certainly more than Aidan's :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1100)
79.14%
Leave (290)
20.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise