Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    M&S can be good, but they can be awfully persuasive when they're wrong. They measured me as a 40DD when I was a 36F, and they tried hard to convince me it was perfect.

However, Debenhams are worse.

ReputationRep:
    What is the whole 'four boob' thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anemos)
    What is the whole 'four boob' thing?
    When the bra is too tight and the breasts are bulging out the top, making it appear like there are 4 rather than 2 breasts because of the indentation when the bra digs in.

I went to M and S and wasn't impressed at all, the girl was really hasty and told me completely the wrong size.

Maybe you should get measured in several places to see whether their is a concensus of opinion and also find out where you think is best so that next time you can go to your prefered shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coombe)
    When the bra is too tight and the breasts are bulging out the top, making it appear like there are 4 rather than 2 breasts because of the indentation when the bra digs in.

I went to M and S and wasn't impressed at all, the girl was really hasty and told me completely the wrong size.

Maybe you should get measured in several places to see whether their is a concensus of opinion and also find out where you think is best so that next time you can go to your prefered shop.

I now planed to go to cardiff this weekend, and try most of the shops there. is measuring free in most places, or do you have to pay?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't impressed with M&S at all, the girl measured me in about 2 seconds, grabbed a few bras in that size, I tried one on and it was far too small, and she just said "oh try one a bit bigger then"

Personally I found bravissimo best, they were really helpful, John Lewis were also pretty good

ReputationRep:
    I usually go M&S. I've been John Lewis before & they both measured me the same. Last time I went for a measurement, I went to Debenhams & was not impressed- the lady told me they don't do cup measurements anymore, only waist & she'd only just started so she didn't know how to do anything properly! She estimated me a cup size more just by looking at me :confused: . I guess she's right because my bra was too tight but it's a rather unreliable way of measuring you!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i went to debenhams but was convinced i was wearing the right bra. even before measuring me the woman guessed i was two sizes larger than the bra i was wearing and after measuring found she was right! i couldnt believe it. i thought i was a 34/36 C, turned out im a 34DD. oops! altho in my defense being only 5ft1 and a size 8 i wouldnt have guessed id be that size!

ReputationRep:
    I went to La Senza, Debenhams, John Lewis and M&S and came out with 4 different sizes!

ReputationRep:
    So jealous of you all being measured and coming out bigger than what you thought - I went into M&S a few weeks ago, wearing a 36A, and hoping by some miracle they might say oh no, you should be a smaller band and bigger cup size, but no....the woman (who didnt use a tape measure, so maybe I'll just blame her and say she didn't know what she was talking about!) told me I was between a 34A or a 36AA - I nearly cried when she said AA! Suffice to say, 34A's are way too tight, so I'm sticking with 36A for the time being as 36AA doesn't exist most places, and I don't believe that "measurement" anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeboo)
    M&S definitely, they're basically the ONLY high street store that does my size and the lingerie staff are always really helpful (in my experience anyway!).
    if you dont mind me asking; what size are you?
    if you are big boobed, go to bravissimo, the company is for big boobed women and they dont measure with a tape as they go by volume, a good way to tell yourself if you are wearing the wrong back size is by pulling the back of your bra and if it comes out too much then it is obviously too big.
    (my mum works there and now she can just tell what size you are by looking at your boobs in the bra! lol)

the company is so popular that even if you dont have a bravissimo near you, women will go to a store to get fitted, dont go to M&S if you are bigger than a D cup as you come out with the wrong measurements

so for big breasted girls go on this www.bravissimo.com

(sorry about the length of this post)

ReputationRep:
    I was wearing 34B when i was a 34E. On the shame! What was i thinking? I get measured all the time now.

I'm a 30F/32E now so it goes to show you should get measured regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I was wearing 34B when i was a 34E. On the shame! What was i thinking? I get measured all the time now.

I'm a 30F/32E now so it goes to show you should get measured regularly.
    Wow! Wasn't that painful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    I now planed to go to cardiff this weekend, and try most of the shops there. is measuring free in most places, or do you have to pay?

As far as i know it's free everywhere - basically a ploy by shops to get you to buy their bras i think! "Your X size and let us suggest you try on these bras" You end up buying them - or that's the plan i think.

I think it acutally just depends on the person working there. The same way you can have a good waiter and a poor waiter - the same with bra measuring. Depends also probs if they are just having a bad day and can't be arsed lol

ReputationRep:
    I would just recommend that you try a few shops before deciding on your size. Some people are given a size which is completely wrong from supposedly good shops (places like M&S, my friends and I have had disastrous times in there).

ReputationRep:
    I used debenhams and she said i looked about 32D then measured me at a 32D/DD and wasn't pressured into buying anything at all (I actually didn't buy anything) was a pain in the ass though as i have loads of bras (with matching pants) in every colour under the sun...all size 34B oh dear

ReputationRep:
    How much do the La Senza bras cost, generally? They sound good from what I've been reading here, but I've always been a bit scared off them as I don't think I have one that near to me, and their bags make them look expensive. Or is it worth it and they last ages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliza.Doolittle)
    How much do the La Senza bras cost, generally? They sound good from what I've been reading here, but I've always been a bit scared off them as I don't think I have one that near to me, and their bags make them look expensive. Or is it worth it and they last ages?
    They are quite cheap (but I'm used to having to pay £30+ for bras) about £12-8 for a bra I think. They are nice and the ones I have got from there have lasted a while. (well until I have changed sizes again..)

I got measured recently and couldn't believe it when I found out my back is actually only a 30. Only a couple of months ago I thought I had gone up from 32 to 34. HA.
    Anyone know where to find bras with a 30 back and big cup size? (Other than bravissmo)

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.