Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh i'm sure you'll be fine

thing is my first choice is an intercollegiate hall (connaught) because i prefer the location - but now i really regret choosing it. i'd much rather stay in an actual KCL place...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ron Stoppable)
    I am already in the process of making sure that I get the magnificent GDSA.
    How do you get accomodation for then one year?? Isnt halls just one year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeybee)
    So unless i get ssa, gds, or brian creamer house (i know wolfson and hampstead arent catered....) i am going to rent private, i want somewhere close to the campus (not hampstead) with internet connection (so not wolfson).]
    Personally, I think you'll regret living in private accommodation in your first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badboy_sdx)
    How do you get accomodation for then one year?? Isnt halls just one year?
    You can apply to be a senior student, basically you have to watch out for the freshers and keep them in check whilst helping them out with questions etc about the big city and university life. You also get paid ~£30 a week I think too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    You can apply to be a senior student, basically you have to watch out for the freshers and keep them in check whilst helping them out with questions etc about the big city and university life. You also get paid ~£30 a week I think too.
    £30?! That could come in handy...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Argh, my bf's going to Queen Mary this September. he got his welcome pack today. i am getting so impatient now, for some reason i really thought i would get mine today. I hope it comes tomorow. i shouldn't be so hopeful every day, it may not come for a few weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeybee)
    for some reason i really thought i would get mine today.
    Me too... practically ran home this morning to check the post! I think we're entitled to be eager, though - it's going to be our home for the next year!

ReputationRep:
    i desperately want stamford str. ap., but the problem is i only applied 4 weeks ago.... so i dont think i am going to get in....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JEike)
    i desperately want stamford str. ap., but the problem is i only applied 4 weeks ago.... so i dont think i am going to get in....
    Hmm, why did you apply that late? And where are you going to stay if you don't get your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JEike)
    Apparantly they dont do it on a first come first serve basis, they arrange accomodation randomly referrin to your choices. But wasn't the deadline 30th june for accomodation? If not, then I guess you are fine. They'l be sending info out like this week about accomodation

ReputationRep:
    The deadline for the first round was the 30th June. Applications that were in that time will be considered at first.

ReputationRep:
    By the way....what do clearing people do?

ReputationRep:
    Ask Virna... (or look at the Unconditional offers thread)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlytheK)
    Me too... practically ran home this morning to check the post! I think we're entitled to be eager, though - it's going to be our home for the next year!
    yes, I am sick of Kings rubbish and Lazy administration

ReputationRep:
    and i'm sure they're sick of hundreds of impatient kids hassling them.

ReputationRep:
    I take it everyone applies for SSA and GDA...no-one goes for the Intercollegiates i dunno why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.1415926535897)
    Well, they had plent of time to avoid that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3.1415926535897)
    I havent actualy hasseled them at all, it would just be nice to have correspondence from THEM rather than ucas at some point. My freind at warwick got his welcome pack on friday

ReputationRep:
    4 days after results day is plent of time?

the entire application system in the UK is flawed. this whole deal of conditional offers and applying before you have your results isn't helpful. but that's the way it is, it's not kings' fault.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, No letter to acknowladge application, No letter to acknowladge accom application and a late welcome pack- whose fault is that?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.