The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I was sent all the optional courses information, confused me loads as I have never been told about that, so I logged on to enrol, and all my units are compulsary and I was told I didnt need to choose anything, seems a bit of a waste of time sending me all the stuff, by the way my course is Mathematics with Economics.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
When were you sent all this? I've not been sent anything yet.
i havent got anything either
Cool - what you studying? :smile:
Reply 24
you will probs get everything in september. Some departments are just quicker to send stuff out then others. I think i got all my departmental information about 2 weeks before i left for Essex (bare in mind though, this was like 5 years ago now.. so i'm really stretching my memory here haha!). Right now you should just be making sure you've got all your loan and accomodation stuff sorted :smile:

Again, you should keep looking at your departmental websites, email secretary's if you are really worried.. and check the links i left on the other page, as they'll be able to give you more info :smile:
Reply 25
I recieved all my stuff in a welcome pack, which contained an arrival book and a note from the maths department, telling me what meetings etc I had to go to in the first week. The arrival book is kinda like a reference book to life at Essex, i.e. Tesco's opening hours. Also a students union guide book with the option to book tickets or a freshers pass (for anyone that doesnt know there is an Amsterdam trip planned in Nov :biggrin: ).

Also medical form to fill out, and a registration letter to send back with a passport photo for your ID/library card. And all the enROL stuff too.
Reply 26
I sorted my optional courses out (The Enlightenment and Ancient Philosophy)

Any1 else doing these courses? And is any1 staying in Keynes Tower?
Reply 27
woo you got the luxurious tower.. bigger rooms and more bathrooms :smile:
Reply 28
Yeah Im in Keynes tower too, I requested it in the additional comments box and emailed the accommodation office 2 days ago and they told me Im in there.
Reply 29
I was just wondering how old most of you guys and girls are because i hope to go Essex later in the future?
Sorted out my course options. :smile: Doing:

American Literature
Elementary French
Writing Skills

Anyone else doing any of these? :smile:
Reply 31
Economics with French

Latest

Trending

Trending