Sociology at Nottingham 06 Watch

funkybambino
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You sure will! I hope I get some cool people near my room..
HenryM
Report 12 years ago
Hey! I'll be starting Film and Sociology in September, and i'll be in Hugh Stewart. Pretty excited actually!
James_Notts
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cheekycherries)
Yes please. How many credits do you have to take up outside of the school? and how many credits are compulsory? Also how come you did not have to take any in the 1st semester? lol, sorry lots of q's.
Well you need to take 120 credits a year and sociology has 100 as standard. This means you'll have to pick 20 outside of sociology. You can choose to do it 10 each semester as most do or 20 in one o them. Its up to you.

J x
sarah285
Report 12 years ago
Hey has anyone recieved any information from the department yet because i havent and i think they are leaving it a little late
HenryM
Report 12 years ago
Hey has anyone recieved any information from the department yet because i havent and i think they are leaving it a little late
Hmm yeah - like i said, i'm doing Film&Sociology and i've yet to receive any information about my course at all. I'm just assuming it'll come in the next couple of days ...hopefully!

I got my Student Union booklet though!
shmoo
Report 12 years ago
heyy

i'll be studyin social and cultural studies and livin in broadgate (lillies)... urrm im from leicester. thats about it.

hope to see you all there....

Bex
The Regend
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
See you around Broadgate!
Jumbles
Report 12 years ago
I'll be doing sociology! And a chick from my A-level soc class will be coming along with me.

Also, I won't be living in halls, so I hope the people I meet in my sociology class will be super cool.

ARE YOU SOCIOLOGY DUDES SUPER COOL
rhiane
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cheekycherries)
Hey. My names Alexandra and I am going to Nottingham to study sociology. I was just wondering who else is starting sociology in 06?!
yeh im goin 2 do sociology n cultural studies x
rhiane
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by shmoo)
heyy

i'll be studyin social and cultural studies and livin in broadgate (lillies)... urrm im from leicester. thats about it.

hope to see you all there....

Bex
same ere im doin sociology n cultural studies n stayin in broadgate x
rhiane
Report 12 years ago
cant wait 2 c al u sociology students at broadgate i was thinkin maybe every1 on my course wud b somewhere else. bring on freshers week :tsr2:
funkybambino
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Rhiane, where u staying in Broadgate? I'm in Larches, I think I'm the only one!!!
db4ffc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Only gone and changed courses from Politics to Sociology + Social Policy, so get to do my first year all over again!! Gonna be 23 by when i graduate now...oh well....ill be having fun in doing so! Dan x
rhiane
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by funkybambino)
Rhiane, where u staying in Broadgate? I'm in Larches, I think I'm the only one!!!
i dont know exactly what room ive got they r takin ages to get back to me but i should be in an ensuite studio dont know al the block names yet when i kno il msg u x
funkybambino
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cool.

I'm gonna be living all on my own at this rate!
funkybambino
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Has anybody had their course pack or whatever yet?

I have had sweet f.a

Anything would be nice...
shmoo
Report 12 years ago
i haven't had anythin either. just that week one thingy... is anyone thats doin sociology in lillies?!

Bex
funkybambino
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I aint even had a "week one thingy" ..
James_Notts
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't worry! You'll get it.

J x
funkybambino
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can anybody tell me what you actually have to do in this course?

Do you have to choose extra modules, outside of the Sociology section? Also do you have to buy loads of books? Can someone give me an idea of what to expect?

Thanks! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads