Confused about module choices! Watch

moosey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If a module type is 'Tied', does this mean you can't choose to study it unless you're doing that subject to begin with?
Jelkin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Well.......:rolleyes: EU is absolutely awful. No one likes it and if the concepts in it don't 'click' with you then you're buggered. That said, I only went to two lectures all year in it and they were introductory ones. Me and my friends had this thing going where we'd see if I never went to any lectures or tutorials in a subject if I'd still pass the exam if I only ever read up on it the day before the exam. As it happens, it was my highest result this year, which was nice. But - no one enjoys it. Contract is decent and you feel like you're learning a lot, which again, is nice, but it's not that interesting. Torts is very interesting and if the lecturer is still Roger Masterman then it's fun fun fun for half of it, but the second half (negligence) is boring. Constitutional law is your best bet, in my opinion, and is highly topical today, involving a lot of intereting debates and discussions. That said, the most interesting bits may have been moved into the new module - the individual and the state, which sounds good. Legal Skills sounds awful. Poor new freshers having to do that. So I'd say Constitutional or The Individual and the State, but obviously if you have a particular preference.....

And this is all to be taken with a pinch of salt, considering I never went to any lectures in my 2nd or 3rd terms, missing about 120 in a row. Which again, was nice. Muchos Pro Evo-os indeed.
Thank you! I think that's the fourth rep I owe you...and TSR still won't let me do it! Gah!
-sarah-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by moosey)
If a module type is 'Tied', does this mean you can't choose to study it unless you're doing that subject to begin with?
or unless you're combined arts/social science/natural science and they have space for you
abacab
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i am so confused by this whole module business, i have heard nothing about it whatsoever... can someone help me out, i am doing environmental geoscience and v confused!!
Mellie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got a letter this morning. It's very easy for Sociology (which I'm not surprised about). You have to take four compulsory modules and that's it, plus two from another board of studies. Which is what confuses me. I know what it means of course, but I'm just...you know, confused.
arkbar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why?
Christo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I chose my electives on the registration days. Don't stress over them now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.64%
No (602)
72.36%

Watched Threads