The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

After reading through that lil freshers fortnight packet I've just realised that most of the stuff I won't be able to do :frown: .
I work, got prior engagements and I live kinda far away (I'll be commuting). Tis not fair I say..not fair at all.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
I'm not sure if this is asking a lot b/c I don't know how big the freshers package is..but is it possible for someone to post the schedule for the 2 weeks? (Not necessarily detailed, just enough to get an idea of what's going on that week...) I'm not sure if I'll receive the package before I leave for London...is there a deadline to let them know if you'll be participating?

Thanks in advance!!!! :wink:
Sun 24th- Q+A sessions at halls with Committee of Law Soc.
Mon 25th - Pub Crawl
Tues 26th - Speed dating
Wed 27th - Meet the parents ie 2nd/3rd years, and then onto a club (Roxy)
Thurs 28th -Paintballing
Fri 29th - Pub quiz
Sat 30th- French Trip
Sun 1st- Comedy Store

Mon 2nd-Moot Final and then to a club (Cheapskates)
Tues 3rd- Careers event and then onto medic union bar
Wed 4rd - London Eye, Duck Ride and then a choice of places after eg a brewery
Thurs 5th- Trocadero
Fri 6th- Thames Cruise
Sat 7th- picnic watching UCL v.KCL rugby
Sun 8th - Freshers v. 2nd/3rd years football

There's not exactly a deadline but they say to return the form for the package ASAP as its first come first served.

By the way can anyone tell me if we're supposed to send the two passport photos now or we're just supposed to bring them? (this was on the yellow sheet which came in the big letter with all the other stuff)
Reply 23
I was wondering about the photos thing as well. It didn't say ASAP, so I assumed it meant bring them when you come on the 25th, but it could me send now.
Reply 24
different?
By the way can anyone tell me if we're supposed to send the two passport photos now or we're just supposed to bring them? (this was on the yellow sheet which came in the big letter with all the other stuff)
I think you can either send them or bring them with you. I think I'm going to get a few done and then send off the two that they request and then bring the rest with me. I'm sure we'll have some need for them, be it for ID cards or what have you.
Ohh looking forward to the football match :biggrin: for the last 2 years the freshers have won but rest assured this year they shall not :wink:
Reply 26
different?
Sun 24th- Q+A sessions at halls with Committee of Law Soc.
Mon 25th - Pub Crawl
Tues 26th - Speed dating
Wed 27th - Meet the parents ie 2nd/3rd years, and then onto a club (Roxy)
Thurs 28th -Paintballing
Fri 29th - Pub quiz
Sat 30th- French Trip
Sun 1st- Comedy Store

Mon 2nd-Moot Final and then to a club (Cheapskates)
Tues 3rd- Careers event and then onto medic union bar
Wed 4rd - London Eye, Duck Ride and then a choice of places after eg a brewery
Thurs 5th- Trocadero
Fri 6th- Thames Cruise
Sat 7th- picnic watching UCL v.KCL rugby
Sun 8th - Freshers v. 2nd/3rd years football

There's not exactly a deadline but they say to return the form for the package ASAP as its first come first served.

Thanks different? !! Appreciate it :smile:

So it looks like everything is pretty much at night..does that mean we have classes during the day?
Reply 27
For anyone else like me that hasn't received the info on freshers fortnite, it's posted on the law society's website now...im assuming that's all they sent. Here's the link:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/laws/lawsociety/firstyear/home.htm
lol! Love the little flash thing that phil (website guy) has done :p: Even used a couple of my pictures ^^
Although he's managed to confuse September with December.. oh well :p:
looks jolly good! which one's you onearmed? just so we know who's the secondyear mole among the herd of sheeps! hah

what actually goes on during the gallant invasion of normandy? my senior told me that on the return from france, the whole bus was filled with puke. kind of like the red devils soccer hooligans in eurotrip eh

well already gotten my school tie, too bad the skirt's a bit tight now. see all you beautiful people in 3 weeks!
Reply 31
I'm a bit confused about this whole School Uniform thing. What do we need to bring?
Reply 32
Marcods
I'm a bit confused about this whole School Uniform thing. What do we need to bring?

I don't even HAVE a school uniform...
Reply 33
Pinguin
I don't even HAVE a school uniform...
I have my Secondary School uniform but I'm not bringing that to UCL. Do we have to bring some kind of smart suit thing for the cruise as well? :confused:
Reply 34
Yes, but you have a school tie! That's all you need!
Reply 35
Sami C
Yes, but you have a school tie! That's all you need!

thank goodness, cuz i doubt my kilt from 6 years ago is going to fit me still!!

Latest

Trending

Trending