Fresher's at Swansea Watch

Lobe
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Spartanette)
Argh, I feel like the only person on earth who's terrified at the thought of Freshers Week.
Hello, Im also crapping my selfabout freshers week!!! Its scary because i cant imagine going out and getting drunk on my own and with people i dont know!!!
Froudy
Report 12 years ago
i understand but everyones gna feel that way, i had some advice from someone who went to uni and she said dont get out of ur face on the first nite cos u dont know the ppl ur with and whether theyl look after u if u get really bad. Its scary but thats the whole point to try and meet people ul be fine! im scared out of my mind too! lol
Phoebebuffet88
Report 11 years ago
hi i can't w8 tht's the best way 2 bin wit a load of strangers coz we r all gonna b makin friends wit eachother anyway and parties r the best way 2 introduce ureself. It'll b easier 2 make friends as we all in the same boat it's harder wen ppl r already established in their friendships. I like i'm goin as a sexy secretary as can't show much skin off as i'd feel awful. Last time i went 2 summit like tht i went in a bunny costume but tht was wen i was single lol And yeah i luv those outfits the German girls wear there national outfit yay!!

I'm also lkin 4ward 2 movin in an meetin my 6 Housem8s

woohoo SWANSEA!
HistoryStudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Guys, don't forget to arrive at the Fresher's Fair in good time, to go round and get all the freebies I always got tons of stuff - t-shirts, energy drinks, bottle openers, mugs, prawn crackers, little sandwiches, notepads, alcopops/shots, money off and special offer vouchers for places in town, squeezy balls, mousemats, moisturiser samples, lighters, balloons, pens, sweets, wristbands, CDs...one year there were even popcorn making machines!
Peter North
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sounds good
username81886
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got nothing.
gez1809
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i got **** all at last year's freshers fair... Gonna go early this year lol..

A tip i'd give is not to join everything.. U wont go to hardly any of them anyway, so its just a waste of money.
DarkLight18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah dont join everything, but try and join something. Also dont be taken in by some of the stall representives, as they do want your money. Only join something if you really want to, dont be talked into it.
welshliz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Did u go to the fair alone? Was it open on the first day you got there or was it open all weekend? thanks
Jacksonxvi
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by welshliz)
Did u go to the fair alone? Was it open on the first day you got there or was it open all weekend? thanks
Freshers Fayre is on the Weds and Thurs of Fresher's Week
welshliz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just found this on the website -
24-28 September: The Freshers Fayre is organised by the Student and Athletic Unions where you can join the clubs and societies during the day and party in the night. To find out more about what's on pick up an Entertainments leaflet from the Ents office in Fulton House or refer to the Freshers guide posted with your enrolment instructions.
Peter North
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is the uni gym the closest gym to the student village? Or is there one nearer?
gez1809
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
as far as i know it's the closest, and if its not its the best and most popular for a reason.
hazm
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not long now people!!! I'm not nervous at all i can't wait :cool:
Peter North
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gez1809)
as far as i know it's the closest, and if its not its the best and most popular for a reason.
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but i hate the swansea gym!

Its always packed, not enough range of weights, the benches feel like they are going to break in half, i always scratch my arms on the cables, etc etc!

The cardio seems pretty decent though, so it depends on your goals

For me, ill be changing to a gym in town next year when i move into my new house
DarkSarcasm
Report 10 years ago
I'm pretty freaked about Freshers week too. I don't drink much so I'm worried that everyone will be drunk around me and I'll be all alone. Even though, I realise I can't be the ONLY person who doesn't drink much (or at all) but it does feel like that sometimes!! :P

Also, I've heard that you're meant to bring a school tie to wear? Is that true? I'm coming from Australia, so I don't want to pack one then find out I don't need it lol
wiggles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I seem to remember packing mine in the first year and not using it (possibly because it was really ugly and stupid-looking) then in the second year not bringing one and just wearing a normal tie of my housemate's.

Also, I'd say hat about 70% of people who say they don't drink much/at all when they start uni, usually end up doing so within the first month or so. I never drank that much before uni (had never gotten properly drunk) but do a lot of it at uni. Two of my best friends though, insited they'd never get into drinking, both for very different reasons, but now do it just as much as everyone, lol. So don't worry, you won't be pressured into it or anything... but it does seem to just come naturally to most students!
crouchmagic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DarkSarcasm)
I'm pretty freaked about Freshers week too. I don't drink much so I'm worried that everyone will be drunk around me and I'll be all alone. Even though, I realise I can't be the ONLY person who doesn't drink much (or at all) but it does feel like that sometimes!! :P

Also, I've heard that you're meant to bring a school tie to wear? Is that true? I'm coming from Australia, so I don't want to pack one then find out I don't need it lol
#

yeh there was a school fancy dress party, think it was the "freshers ball" - i know it sounds like something posh, but it aint at all lol - we were all in school uniform fancy dress drunk in time and envy dancing the night away
Poet
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Peter North)
Sounds good
We 2nd years are old now... don't know about you but I'm still planning on invading freshers fortnight though I'm no longer a fresher

Hmmm... I wonder what we can do with these new innocent freshers? :p:

Nah, I kid, I kid Enjoy Swansea newbies :rolleyes:
elderberry_fairies
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DarkSarcasm)

dont worry about it i dont drink that much either. the trick is to get a drink and nurse it all night. you can still have fun sober, if nething im more fun to be with sober cause i go hyper wen sober and drowsy wen drunk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • Swansea University
    Postgraduate Open Day - Singleton Park Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Mar '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Mar '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1531)
79.2%
Leave (402)
20.8%

Watched Threads