Whitworth Park!! Watch

Mkali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol, I've already replied to your message but why not here as well, I'm bored hehe

I'm going up on the 16th, simply because I need my dad and his car to get up there from little old Cardiff.

It looks like we'll be in the same flat, probably the same floor. I emailed the accommodation people for some help on what the numbers mean so I'll see what they say, but we'll be in the same general area for sure hehe

Unless their number system is really screwed up
Revelation
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.whitworthpark.com/ heh
vickywickcandlestick
Report 12 years ago
im in whitworth park too but in burleigh house. is anyone else there cos i seem to be all alone!
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by vickywickcandlestick)
im in whitworth park too but in burleigh house. is anyone else there cos i seem to be all alone!
I keep thinking that about my course and such, as I've only met a few people where I am, but then I remember not everyone is on this site *shrug* So you won't be alone, but you might be the only TSR-er...before you convert them all hehe

But you always know where the rest of us are, TH.01.25.B [Thorncliffe House], if you ever feel lonely *noddles*
remly
Report 12 years ago
I am in Whitworth Park, Burleigh House as you, vickywickcandlestick!
House Code is: BU.G.07.052

I'm a bit curious to know how old are all of you? anyone older than me (24)?
vickywickcandlestick
Report 12 years ago
im 18 so younger than u. obviously.
my code is bu.01.11.084. whatever that means. i dont really understand it
Dip
Report 12 years ago
Dilworth House
they didn't give me my washbasin!
will we have 2 queue up to use the bathroom ?:eek:
djaorta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hayy everyone...
Im also coming to whitworth park

(Original post by Mkali)
I've got Whitworth park, Thorncliffe house TH.01.25.B

Whatever that means *shrug*

It was my second choice after Grosvenor Street Building but meh, it still looks nice.

How do you know if you've got a washbasin or whatever? I want to check that I got the one I put down for, or at least that it's got ethernet connection
Hayy Mkali, glad you made the grades, i still remember how scared you were before your grades when i was all relaxed after getting my grades in july, hehe
Anyway, nice to know you are coming to whitworth too

(Original post by EllieRo)
I'm in Derby House
DE.02.12.095 - What the hell does that mean people?!
Oh well Whitworth wasn't my first choice so haven't got a clue what it's like there - if anyone could give me some reassurance that'd be just peachy
Really looking foward to going though - hopefully should be a right laugh!!
xx
you are in the same building as me DE.01.08.058

See you all soon---
Regards,
Abdullah Aka Dj Aorta
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey Djaorta ^_^ I was wondering where you'd gotten to

Cool cool,yeah, I was a nervous wreck but now I'm just an excited one.

Derby isn't too far from Thorncliffe, I'll have to throw a pebble at your window to get your attention -- and aim well hehe
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey chiplets, go me and my double-posts [e.g/ Mkali is too lazy to edit and wants more post points ^_^ hehe]

My mum rang up the accommodation office while I was at work, mainly so they could change something on the debit form or whatever, we wanted to change the payment *shrug* but while on the phone she was asking about the washbasin and whether it would take up a lot of the room, and on from that, apparently Whitworth Park (I'm assuming it's all of Whitworth and not just Thorncliffe, but don't hold me to it) is still being refurbished and will be ready on the 14th, so everything will be nice and new and yummy

^_^ hoorah

*cough*

*scuttles away*
joeyjojo1988
Report 12 years ago
ooooooooh fanancy!*does a little dance*that's exciting!

Have You worked out what the numbers and letters mean in the code yet?
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol ^_^ ain't it just fancy

Anywho, my mum also asked that, but the guy wasn't even sure but thought it was something like block 1, flat 25 and room B

That makes little sense to me but unless their number system is very warped, I'd say we're on the same floor and in the same flat hehe

Hey neighbour

And judging by that, unless they do something like odd letters (I'm tired, I've been working) on every other floor, we'll have at least 8 people on our floor

Lunchface
Report 12 years ago
Alright chaps, I'm a wrinkly old soon to be 3rd year. I've been at whitworth for 2 years, and im currently the Thorncliffe House Rep.

right the names for the rooms have changed this year, due to some weird ball ache technique the accomodation office has create to confuse and bemuse newcomers, its not enough you get bigger tutition fees HA!

TH.16.A has now become TH.02.16.A ...i dont know why, they havent chopped the building in half...as far as i know, so the only number you need to concern yourself with is the second and last... i dont know what the middle one is for ....yet, im sure it will be some wonderful needless bit of paperwork they'll make you fill in, they love doing that...right obviously i best explain a bit futher for thorncliffe and places with a similar 'title'

TH.16.A is/was my room it means thorncliffe , flat 16, room A ...pretty simple... the new 02 could mean anything... I'm hoping it means i get a free 02 mobile phone, but im not holding my breath.

The other flats have the room number for the whole block, so take derby you may be in flat 5, but you'l have some room like 56, Its just extra confusing. Don't worry...simply find your flat number ( its painted/stuck awfuly onto your door) and go wandering around until you find your designated hovel

for a clearer picture go to the http://www.whitworthpark.com/pages/map.htm

infact look at the website, i made it!!! obviously its a work in progress, but when i was looking online about it two years ago there was ****all, very daunting. If you have any more questions try sending them to me via email and ill try and answer as best as i can...

im very nackered atm, so if this has only confused you some more, nevermind, when you're drunk and stumbling around manchester you wont care, i certainly wont
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*waves to wrinkly old soon-to-be-third year*Ohhh, old *points and stares*

Heh

Thanks for the help, even the accommodation office weren't sure what it all meant, hoorah, we have a code-breaker.

So TH.01.25.B is actually block 25, room B?

Hey Joey -- we're roomies...kinda ^-^ or flaties...blockies *hums* hehe, hyperness

*gives cookies to wise-advisor* That website ish rocking, that was the only thing I could find when I typed in Whitworth Park weee
joeyjojo1988
Report 12 years ago
woop!i totally prefer the term flaties, dunno why...perhaps for its originality...

its tremendous that we now know for sure! At least we know...well kinda know someone who we'll be living with!

i'm all hyped up now.....perhaps it was those wine gums....i should have known better..........
Lunchface
Report 12 years ago
Thorncliffe is the house, 25 is your flat, and b is your room, B is the biggest in the odd numbered flats, apart from 1, cos that flat is plain weird

A is one of the biggest in the evens, and the one above it, but i cant remember its letter, so i wont say incase i get it wrong!

Odd ones go downstairs, even ones go upstairs, even ones have the bigger living rooms, some of the biggest in whitworth park, so make sure you make friends with the folks opposite, then crash theirs for all the drinks, leave the mess if your a bast a rd, or tidy up if your a good trooper, like i obviously am.

I've no idea what thorncliffe is going to look like inside, as its being refurbished as other posts have aluded to, but to be honest, it doesnt matter what they look like, get posters and cover up those prison esque breeze blocks the place is made from, then get drunk
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yay, I have a big room (I think)

Don't worry flatie, you can spin in circles with your arms out in my room if yours doesn't allow

My gods, wine gums? Freaky, I just ate some too, my mum got them -- eerie, perhaps they're spiked with hyperness?

Weeeee *does a dance* I'll be getting that picture soon, or a picture, I may look slightly different if I ever manage to change my hair style, for the first time in like 18 years *sigh*, so watch myspace ^_^
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yay, 200 posts

Anywho, a big thanks to the helpful people O(^-^)O << hug
joeyjojo1988
Report 12 years ago
ooooooooooooh now i wanna know what mine is like....if u know that could be interesting! i'm in TH.01.25.H!

seriously i apologise for hyperness, i'm like a 5yr old hyped up on E numbers............
Lunchface
Report 12 years ago
H is downstairs, cant remember much more than that, except there was an ace party in 25 two years back. You could be looking over oxford road, or into whitworth park, im not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2EG5IeiqjI ..thats a movie of oxford road from jan...i think, plus sarky comments from a hilarious swine... just filmed it to check out my camera...if it makes you feel any close to whitty p embrace it!1

Also WPRA is gonna need some people to help organise events and so on, so if you're interested there'll be some more info on the website soon, Ive just gotta do it.

WPRA is good on the ole cv, but understandibly you're first years, so responcibility is the last thing on your mind, plus you might get a discount on the annual trip to amsterdam...and the real price, an hour of your time every monday...nothings free unfortunately

WPRA organises all the fun stuff in wp, so any ideas of what youd like to happen make sure you suggest them...but remember we do have a tight budget, so gold plated bouncy castles and caviar tasting is out of the question.

Oh and the grovel is nice and cheap drinkwise, right iv really got to go and get on with stuff, i hope iv enlightened you few just a little
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (151)
18.04%
No (510)
60.93%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed