Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    chloe- with regard to the book grant scheme- how are you supposed to get receipts with your name printed on them? If you order off the internet with your own card, fair enough, but what are you supposed to do if you buy the book in a shop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    chloe- with regard to the book grant scheme- how are you supposed to get receipts with your name printed on them? If you order off the internet with your own card, fair enough, but what are you supposed to do if you buy the book in a shop?
    I always ask for an itemised till receipt (doesn't usually have my name on though) and college seem happy enough with that. It usually has title, author, isbn, cost, date and they're fine with that - in Blackwells after you've bought your book you go upstairs to the customer service desk and they'll do you one. But most of the stuff I buy off amazon so have an invoice.

ReputationRep:
    Question: is there a college gym? if so, what's it like? if not, which gym do people use?

Danke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-unit)
    Question: is there a college gym?
    Yes, it's a bit crap to be frank though! We did have a referendem a while ago though and I think it's moving soon to Mus Rd (rather than off Cowley Rd where it is at the moment - our sports ground is on Bartlemas Rd). I'm hoping when they move it, they'll improve it

if so, what's it like?
    2 Concept2 ergs (and one realllllllllllllly old one), and then loads of weight machines. No cardio equipment

if not, which gym do people use?
    Most of my friends seem to use the one on the high street because it's so close (can't remember name, but you can just pay per term to join which is good value), but I know someone else uses LA Fitness too.

Danke.
    You're welcome

Hi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Hi.
    Hi

I probably should have brought a question, right.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I probably should have brought a question, right.
    Yes, you are coming across as a bit of a ****, Peter

ReputationRep:
    So whats the worst thing about Lincoln then?

ReputationRep:
    What's the deal with taking stuff home? Do you need to do it every term or just before interviews? And is it possible to store stuff in college if you're from Scotland, or is it for non-UK people only?

ReputationRep:
    Yet another reason why scottland should declare independance, methinks...

ReputationRep:
    Yet another reason why scottland should declare independance, methinks...
    And change its name?

ReputationRep:
    gah, sorry- it's my new laptop. I'm not used to the keyboard and i generally type really quickly so don't eb suprised if you see a fair few spelling mistakes (doubled letters or mssed letters etc.) in my posts for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Only just noticed this thread, doh!
    Thanks for setting it up Chloé.
    I'm Sarah, soon to be a 4th year (scary!!) chemist at Lincoln. If anyone has any chemistry questions I'd be happy to answer them, or questions about anything else at all in fact, although Chloé seems to have been doing a pretty good job on her own!!

What's your favourite quad?

(And my chances of getting a room next to one, with ensuite, are...)

ReputationRep:
    yeah- how are rooms allocated? I really need an ensuite room (cos i'm extremely territorial, basically).

ReputationRep:
    yeah- how are rooms allocated? I really need an ensuite room (cos i'm extremely territorial, basically).
    I can't believe I actually lol'd at that. You make yourself sound like a some sort of dog.

Anyhoooooooo... I'd also like to know about the room allocation. I stayed in this room on Staircase 2 (i think) which was ensuite and generally a bit of a beast. How many are there like it? And what's the general standard of room like? Also, what are the chances of being lumped across the street in Lincoln House?

ReputationRep:
    What's your favourite quad?

(And my chances of getting a room next to one, with ensuite, are...)
    Mine's Grove Quad, because it's really pretty and has a lovely lawn...and also I lived there in the 1st year
    Quite a lot of freshers are housed in college, but it's random room allocation, you can't request an en-suite or anything like that, unless you have a medical reason or something I guess.
    Lincoln House rooms are OK too, quite big but you share bathrooms there, although it's not too bad at all.
    Not all central college rooms have ensuite I don't think but the majority seem to. And they vary wildly in quality and size. I lived in a broom cupboard in the 1st year (no joke, the scout told me she used to keep her cleaning equipment for the staircase in there....) but it did have an en-suite. Was so small with no drawers and a tiny wardrobe, a bit of a pain for me because I have a LOT of clothes. But mine was the smallest room out of all my friends, most people had bigger ones!

ReputationRep:
    So, if i get a note from my doctor saying i have bladder weakness...

ReputationRep:
    Another Gym Question

Does the gym only have machines, or does it have free weights as well (e.g. dumbells, barbells etc.)?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.