I'm Gay & Homophobic Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
People are different, gays as well as straights. That someone is gay doesn't mean they are exempt from potential stupidity. The good news is that it works both ways. Your preconseptions about gay people are only true for a few, there are countless of others that don't fit the stereotype at all. Is it fair to guess you are still in school? If so I can almost promise you university is a lot better.
I'm inbetween college and uni
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm inbetween college and uni
Your university will most likely have an LGBT society you could join ( where are you going btw ? ). Just keep in mind that there will be a lot of very different people anywhere and there will be people you dislike, but in return there will most likely be people you like there as well. I remember when I first went to one of these things I was really scared and it turned out that the guys who had showed up that particular time were the 3 most camp people on all campus. I'm rather glad I decided to give it more than one chance, becuase quite frankly I can see why people could be scared of if it's the first time they go to one of those things.
esmaraldo
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I find that some gay people can be intimidating, especially those that tend to hang around the village. They're generally rather loud and "Oh look we are gay, let's rub it in other people's faces and mate like bunnies". I've had a rather bad experiences of a guy taking a piss meters away from our group in broad daylight. And our group consisted of all female. How inconsiderate.

However, I have very close friends who are gay. The important thing to remember is that people are more than just gay, a lot more. I would suggest taking a dip into literature, Oscar Wilde, E.M Forster, or through history, Leonardo da Vinci, Micheangelo, Virginia Wolf, were all gay. There are also a lot of mordern gay literature out. The Line of Beauty for example, won the Booker Prize a few years ago.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.6%
No (669)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.69%

Watched Threads