Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    Fantastic player we should not forgot Porto they have made so many players great players can't believe the amount of players that they sold from Deco, Pepe, Hulk, Falcao, Moutinho. Freddy Guarin, Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferriera etc... The list is endless look at the current Porto team they have players like Mangala, Quintero and Jackson Martinez who are attracting interest from many sides. Respect to Porto and well done for James a very good player indeed I think he should go to Barca tbh they could do with him
    Quaresma, Joao Periera, Raul Meireles, Anderson & now Fernando also.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic player we should not forgot Porto they have made so many players great players can't believe the amount of players that they sold from Deco, Pepe, Hulk, Falcao, Moutinho. Freddy Guarin, Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferriera etc... The list is endless look at the current Porto team they have players like Mangala, Quintero and Jackson Martinez who are attracting interest from many sides. Respect to Porto and well done for James a very good player indeed I think he should go to Barca tbh they could do with him

(Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    I hope one day a billionaire football fanatic takes over Porto so they dont have to keep selling their best players. There is no money in Portugese football so the lure of buying a club there is weak. Trying to win the Champions League would be a target but domestically the money is bad.

I downloaded their financial data from last year and they need to sell players to make any profit.
    They are my favoruite team to be on Football Manager. After one good season you can be in the top ten reputation wise on the game.
    Luckily on there the game prevents you from going bankrupt, just a shame they have to keep selling players.

A few years ago it was Hulk, James Rodriguez, Joao Moutinho, Falcao, Mangala, Alex Sandro and Iturbe.. brilliant squad!

ReputationRep:
    he needs to get out of that **** league

ReputationRep:
    His price most have gone up about £10m over the past 2 weeks. The vultures will be circling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    His price most have gone up about £10m over the past 2 weeks. The vultures will be circling.
    Not many vultures can afford him tbh. Monaco bought him for around £40m iirc, add on the WC value and his wages and you've got a narrow pool of teams.

City
    Psg
    Barca
    Madrid
    Utd
    Bayern
    Chelsea

Most of those teams won't need him atm so where will he go? I'm sure if he doesn't leave soon he will in 2-3 years to Madrid I expect. Otherwise I can only see City snapping him up this window eg.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the media could've got a field day with "Jay or James" if the Saints lad didn't get injured and England showed more heart.

P.S. So the Portuguese Liga has little money? I wonder what is done with the profit clubs get from selling their best players? ...develop more players. My bad

ReputationRep:
    He's handsome too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    He already cost £40m last summer, I doubt many clubs will be in for him this window unless Monaco want to sell him. Monaco are not in a position where they need the money either.

ReputationRep:
    Way too early to get excited. He has played 4 games so far, but the cup isn't over yet. If he scores a goal against brazil and columbia win the game, then that would be something. If they go on to the final and he has 7 goals, then it's okay to start getting excited.

ReputationRep:
    I think he should go to Barca tbh they could do with him

They'd just end up ruining another promising player. See Manchester United and Pogba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    If he was English, he would need "experience" and a "chance" to "prepare him for the future" and other nonsense.
    Nonsense indeed.

England have got Ross Barkley, Raheem Sterling, Luke Shaw and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain in the current set up and Andros Townsend would have been in had he been fit. Hodgson has also picked Zaha, Stones, Flanagan and Caulker who will probably start to emerge more in the team in the build up to Euro 2016.

Theo Walcott was picked for a World Cup squad aged 17. Michael Owen was in France 98 aged 18. Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Gary Neville and David Beckham were all picked for England early in their Premiership careers and Wayne Rooney was playing for England as an 18 year old.

So whatever else you might say about England's problems, its not that they don't give chances to young players in fact some young players possibly get over-promoted in to the England set up.

I think with James Rodriguez a lot of people hadn't heard of him before this World Cup and think he has burst on the scene out of nowhere.....if you follow football and different leagues (or play Football Manager!) then James has been on the scene for a while now as a top player. He had the Golden Ball in 2011/12 at Porto when he played up front with Falcao and people were already then talking about Colombia being an emerging and dangerous side for Brazil 2014 like they were Belgium, because of those two forwards.

A couple of years ago when Fergie was still at United, there were reports that United were bidding £25m for him but he ended up going to Monaco for £38m.

So he was already very much a big gun in the game.

When Falcao was injured before the World Cup, all the previews were saying this was going to be the WC where James would have to step up on his own and lead Colombia's attack and I saw him tipped as one of the stars of the tournament in various guides to the WC.

Him and Messi have probably been the best players so far but it's not the 'burst on the scene from nowhere' story that some people are thinking. Which is also why its wrong when people say he's probably overrated and this could be a flash in the pan....I think he's a safe bet for any club that buys him, and I expect it won't be long before he appears at somewhere like Real Madrid.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    A couple of years ago when Fergie was still at United, there were reports that United were bidding £25m for him but he ended up going to Monaco for £38m.
    From what I remember, Monaco overpaid for Rodriguez because Porto had some complicated sell on clause for Moutinho. So they circumvented that and saved themselves a bit of money.

Obviously Rodriguez is worth far more than that now, but still.

ReputationRep:
    Shooterwilliamson's bogan commentary of his Uruguay goals is brilliant. Goal wasn't bad either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    portugal ruined quaresma they should have played him more he was quality!!!!

ReputationRep:
    A brilliant player who will probably become world class and be one of the top 3 players in the world (already showing world class form in the World Cup) in the future. The problem is that most teams already have a world class number 10/ central attacking midfielder. It really is an era of attacking midfielders/10's. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up within the next few years, my guess is Madrid or Barca

ReputationRep:
    was amazing at the u20 WC 3 years ago, and is mashing up the real one now, shame muriel wasn't picked, guy was immense during that tournament

ReputationRep:
    Best player in the World Cup so far, performed exceptionally in all his matches.
    That goal against Uruguay was exceptional, and I loved that chip against Japan.
    Simply stunning. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scientific222)
    The problem is that most teams already have a world class number 10/ central attacking midfielder. It really is an era of attacking midfielders/10's. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up within the next few years, my guess is Madrid or Barca
    He would have been a good shout for Chelsea but they have spent big on Fabregas.

I think he's a very Man Utd style player but can they fit him and Mata in the same side?

The alternative would be Liverpool to use the Suarez money and sign him. Play Sturridge up front with Sterling and James behind.

Also I wonder if Arsenal wish they hadn't shelled out on Ozil and bought him instead.

ReputationRep:
    its funny that he's not even mentioned when talking about players in his age group ,Gotze, Wilshere, Oscar, Shaqiri, thiago and so on, arguably better than all of them

ReputationRep:
    James could have walked out the stadium right after that goal and ****** all the colombian women within a 10 mile radius

that's what the gawd would have done, u won't see me celebrate with me teammates, no dances - just straight walk out the stadium.

catch me at the copacobana with five 10/10 colombian instagram whores,coke on deck, rum on deck - this would all be happening while they show the replays, by the time the ball has made it back on the centre spot on the half way line i would have already snorted a line of coke off a colombian's arse

GAWD

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.