Radiography! Watch

Gosnold
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I dunno i've just been out buying lots and lots mainly because i love buying new things. its setting up a mini home - well wierd are you all self catered? i really need to learn to cook? have you got any textbooks yet for your course?
JackieS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Gosnold)
I dunno i've just been out buying lots and lots mainly because i love buying new things. its setting up a mini home - well wierd are you all self catered? i really need to learn to cook? have you got any textbooks yet for your course?
don't buy text books till you get there. Many books on the list you'll never lose and yourfavourites may turn out to be ones not even mentioned.
hodge85
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Prickles_the_octopus)
I really hope that I can survive without having a job considering the workload! But I'll probably just end up living off pro plus :confused:

Yeah! Hertfordshire rules! & yayyy you're from Bolton! My favourite teacher at college was from there =D
lol .. yeh bolton is ace hehe :p:
yeh just wait and see bout job... thats what im doin!

bout stuff for uni.. dont worry you will get it sorted ...
only 2 wk now! yeay! cant wait

you staying in halls?
Prickles_the_octopus
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by hodge85)
lol .. yeh bolton is ace hehe :p:
yeh just wait and see bout job... thats what im doin!

bout stuff for uni.. dont worry you will get it sorted ...
only 2 wk now! yeay! cant wait

you staying in halls?
Yep I'm on De Hav, Sarratt Hall & you? I kinda wish I'll be staying in the college lane halls coz they sound a bit more fun! ( & are cheaper :P ) what about you?
Prickles_the_octopus
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I may not have any textbooks yet, but I do have some student cook books! Buy the virgin one, it's pretty decent! My parents have bought so many kitchen utensils :confused: I hope I can be bothered to use them!
Gosnold
Report 12 years ago
lol I know the feeling I have to admit im not looking forward to cooking every night but im sure will be ok. 5 days to go im so scared but excited all at the same time
imccar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
starting Radiotherapy & Oncology at Herts..... just over a week to go, so getting a bit nervous over the work load too! Haven't had a book list yet though?
JackieS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by imccar)
starting Radiotherapy & Oncology at Herts..... just over a week to go, so getting a bit nervous over the work load too! Haven't had a book list yet though?
most places don't give a book list till you get there - it'll be one of the gazillion bits of paper you get in the first week!m
Gosnold
Report 12 years ago
I was lucky i got a book list of 7 books which are essential for class and home work and appaerently there are not enough in the library. They look really interesting can't wait !!!!
hodge85
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Prickles_the_octopus)
Yep I'm on De Hav, Sarratt Hall & you? I kinda wish I'll be staying in the college lane halls coz they sound a bit more fun! ( & are cheaper :P ) what about you?
yeh im at college lane .. in telford court!
Tara_B
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hey everyone! im a second yr radiotherapy student at pompey. Yes the work load is a lot, more so in the 2nd yr, and i didn't have time for a job, but this was mainly because i travelled home a lot to see my boyfriend. Many of my friends hold done jobs easily.
As for books, some are really expensive and if you have money worries keep an eye out as some 3rd yrs sell their books.

Any Q's feel free to contact.
Good luck all

x x x
Gosnold
Report 12 years ago
aww i had pompey down as my insurance. Is the physics part of the course really difficult? because thats the bit im worried about. Can't wait to start anatomy but physics hasnt always been one of my strong points
Tara_B
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol and cardif was mine

urm, if you have A- level physics or even just an AS apparently its a lot easier... I had chemistry and biology and didn't find it too bad. If you do therapy you have to do dose calculations which I found quite challenging, but still not too bad. The main principle in the physics is inverse square law, thats important!
My first year anatomy was the resp system and the digestive system, gets a bit more tricky this yr :/
Gosnold
Report 12 years ago
I'm afraid i only have GCSE physics but some of the textbooks seem to make it look ok. I'm doing diagnostic imaging and am really looking forward to it. Can you give me some insight into what clinical placements are like? sorry about all the ques
Tara_B
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No prob!
Clinical is great, gives you the skills you actually need to be a radiographer, and as your doing diagnostic there are usually a lot of centres you can go to, as im not at Cardif i dont the hospitals they cover, but at pomp the diagnostics cover portsmouth, southampton, redhill, bournemouth, salisbury and a loooad others but I dont know them all!
Comet
Report 12 years ago
Wotcha - I'm starting Diagnostic Radiography in Herfordshire too

I'll be living in College Lane but in the Coales Halls - can't wait to meet everyone who is going to Herts to study Radiography...

I did Physics A2 - bloody hard, too much maths - did maths too but failed it

I also did PE GSCE so I feel comfy with the really basic knowledge of some of the anatomical names etc (you end up doing alot of that in the theory side of the course)

I really hope that I can survive without having a job considering the workload! But I'll probably just end up living off pro plus :confused:
lol - I've spent the whole of my teenage life with a part-time job and the last 4 months working 9-5 for £5 an hour.

I'm not working during term time even if I have to resort to economy baked beans and french brie for desert :motz:
hodge85
Report 12 years ago
aww i applied for pompey ... but was late, offered place for next year! tho herts came up for this year!

oohh hey! yeh i cant wait to meet everyone on course!
will probs see ya around college lane then!!
radiog21
Report 12 years ago
hey

I'm doing radiography at cardiff and i know what you mean about the money situation. my plan is to wait and see how heavy the couse load in because i suppose every uni varies. I've just got all my book list through looks interesting. Are you looking forward to it?
hey im also going to cardiff uni to study radiography where r u staying
Spiffy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Tara_B)
No prob!
Clinical is great, gives you the skills you actually need to be a radiographer, and as your doing diagnostic there are usually a lot of centres you can go to, as im not at Cardif i dont the hospitals they cover, but at pomp the diagnostics cover portsmouth, southampton, redhill, bournemouth, salisbury and a loooad others but I dont know them all!

This is the one aspect of the course that worries me the most. How do you manage to get to all these places everyday if you are living in halls/ flats? I mean, if your staying at the portsmouth campus then travelling to bournemouth sounds a bit much you know?
Tara_B
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you get given accomodation on the hospital site if its far. If its not too far then you get the train.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?