Which song(s) make you feel better when you're upset? Watch

jammy4041
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a few...

1. Lynyrd Skynyrd -- Free Bird.

There is the slow but powerful, ballad part, which gets me real deep in thought. Ask Forrest Gump about Rossington on the slide guitar. But there's also Billy Powell on the piano which really gives me clarity, and the other, lighter side of the powerful guitar. And then there is Ronnie van Zant's iconic, thought-provoking lyrics. Heck, by the time Allen Collins comes in, after the "FLY HIGH, FREE BIRD!!" part, I cannot help but shamelessly air guitar that part.By the time he has finished his 6-8 minute solo, I've pretty much forgotten what I was sad or upset about. And then get upset about not hearing Free Bird, and then wanting to listen to Free Bird again...

2. Guns N' Roses -- Estranged

My favorite Guns N' Roses song. Axl's vocals, and work on the piano; Slash's amazing guitar. "When you're talking to yourself...and nobody's home" is a very powerful start.

3. Rolling Stones -- You Can't Always Get What You Want

More for it's chorus. The song kind of does what it says on the tin, really.

Honorable Mentions:

Tim Minchin -- Some People Have It Worse Than I. (Another ronseal job)
South Park -- Wendy's Audition Song (lightens the mood, what can I say )
Saqlain_197
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lilyghz)
I don't really have one but what is yours?
Chied Keef - dont like
blablabla321
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hero- Nas ft Keri Hilson
Method man - Wu-tang clan
To the world - Kanye West ft R Kelly
I'm a fool - J-cole
Reeeeyah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lou 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Beyoncé- love on top, because it reminds me of singing and dancing on a bed of a hotel I was in in London
Magic!- Rude, as I just have so many rude people around me that need me to play the chorus of the song to but change the words for there incredibly rude selves.
Bastille- No angels
TLC- No scrubs.
ozzie2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reeeeyah)
x
Oh man I love that song <3
yennibubs
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
R Kelly - World's Greatest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username909838
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
John Lennon - Jealous Guy.
PolyVixen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lilyghz)
I don't really have one but what is yours?
It depends. There are songs that just make me happy, like fun uplifting beats, lately Ace of Base The Sign album. Ska & freestyle dance like this in general. :yep:

-Or songs that make me expel all of my anger b/c they're really intense:
Killswitch Engage-"Arms of Sorrow"
30 Seconds to Mars-"Modern Myth"
Similar songs, just heavy rock when I'm angry/sad

-Dubstep in general b/c it's so energetic and I don't have time to be sad when I listen to it such as: and click 48:48 for Alma - Avalanches (ft. Sound Remedy & Kill Paris). I'd highly advise it particularly @ 51:35 and let it play till 53:00. Reason-progression to 52:30 :nutcase: That drop is RIDICULOUS!!! Warning: you might catch an epileptic fit!!! It's melodic dubstep so it's not nasty hardstep like Skrillex it rewinds from relaxing to uptempo and the drops are killer for adrenaline to make you forget alllllll your pain baby!!!! :yep:

-Sombre songs when I'm down and honestly wanna stay there. I mean why not, experience it and move on:
Flyleaf-"Sorrow"
Evanescence-"Missing"/"Before the Dawn"/pretty much anything like that
Avril Lavigne-"Tomorrow"
Soley-"Pretty Face"
Seven Lions-"Days to Come"
Little Dragon-"Thunder"
Coldpay-"Fix You"/Damien Rice-"Delicate"/David Gray-"Say Hello, Wave Goodbye" & sad folk stuff like that

-Natural music, soundscapes, you can just YouTube search Soundscapes and you'll get shamanistic music like nature pipes and Enya-type soothing chants. Helps me sleep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (869)
80.09%
Leave (216)
19.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed