Report 12 years ago
Maybe I move around too much or sleep in a weird position =/
lala_land
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by -Emmz-)
Some of you sleep in underwired bras? That sounds mad to me ... the few times I've done it, it hurts!! Does the underwire not dig into you?
nope, shouldn't do unless you've got a badly fitted one
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
T'aint healthy though.
CheesyBeans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I try to wear a bra for the least amount of time as possible. I normally only wear one when I leave the house. I'm just more comfortable without and I hate the idea of sleeping in one.
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lala_land)
nope, shouldn't do unless you've got a badly fitted one
They don't dig into me at any other time ... meh I must lie awkwardly. Still I find it a lot more comfortable and less constrictive not to sleep in one.
lala_land
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by -Emmz-)
They don't dig into me at any other time ... meh I must lie awkwardly. Still I find it a lot more comfortable and less constrictive not to sleep in one.
Yep its definatly less constrictive, well after hearing everything about it tonight i'm definatly not gonna be sleeping in one!
Naranoc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Apparently, you're all fretting for nothing:

http://www.cancerbackup.org.uk/QAs/A...s/QAs/74514910
indy_punk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Right so we can add underwired bras to the list with diet coke,mobile phones,computers,microwaves blah blah blah o_O
Its a bit uncomfy wearing a bra while sleeping,but wearing an underwired one is soooo painful :>.<: wonder how you all do it!!
National Award
Report 12 years ago
if you put them in the washer the wires WILL come out sometime
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how can you bear to wear a bra in bed? Ive only done it at parties and the such-like when it isnt practical to take it off! tried it once overnight, eurgh - I couldnt get comfy - I just threw it off!
Dilute
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Back to the arm-in-the-sling argument, I don't think that really applies to boobs because it's not like we make our boobs wiggle around the way we would make our arms move around... and that is qhat strengthens it, giving it muscle.
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Boobs arent held up by muscles, just ligaments. As time goes on those ligaments stretch, so bras help support the ligaments....or thats what i was told...
guitargirl03
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've worn an under-wired bra since I was 11. I have never heard anything about them causing cancer, and I read somewhere that they were the best at helping to stop back ache...
xxmyheartstoppedbeatingxx
Report 12 years ago
i heard that aswell!! I always wear them, but its pretty scary hearing things like that!
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i must admit, i have heard that underwired bra's in children are linked to cancer. Think it came up in a journal i was reading when doing some research last year...can't remember the specifics though.
swimminginwellies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i always sleep wiv it on
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
I very rarely sleep with one on. Only if I am staying over at someones house after a night out or a party etc.

And as for the causing cancer thing, well it isn't going to stop me wearing one because frankly I need the support and anyway practically everything in this world apparently causes cancer.
Impossible princess
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Non underwired bras give me no support at all, if I wore one without my boobs would be all over the place. I wear one to bed aswel, I just find it more comfortable cos I always have and seeing that there is no proper evidence that it causes cancer I'm not stopping! I mean for gods sake if I'm going to get cancer from wearing the wrong bra, I will probably get it from using a mobile phone or drinking coffee or going out in the sun without factor 50.
Orláith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Impossible princess)
Non underwired bras give me no support at all, if I wore one without my boobs would be all over the place. I wear one to bed aswel, I just find it more comfortable cos I always have and seeing that there is no proper evidence that it causes cancer I'm not stopping! I mean for gods sake if I'm going to get cancer from wearing the wrong bra, I will probably get it from using a mobile phone or drinking coffee or going out in the sun without factor 50.
Exactly.
Cocoa
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lala_land)
Now i always wear them, but when i recently got measured at M&S they told me that at my age (16) i shouldn't be wearing them as they not only stop growth but can cause cancer as well:eek: Has anyone ever heard this before? Cause i don't really wanna stop waering underwired, imo their more comfortable and i don;t want saggy breasts when older:rolleyes:
yes i've heard the cancer thing - true (confirmed by my mom (a nurse) and my doctor) ...not "cause cancer" but increase the risk of breast cancer

i wear non-underwired and wired, they both give me the same shape of boob, on weekends i often go bra-less because it's not the not wearing an underwired bra that gives you saggy boobs, but wearing a bra because you dont let your breast muscles develop and strengthen, thereby causeing sagging...and then there's giving birth and breast feeding
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads