parents! Watch

sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If anyone of you are having parents staying or thinking of having them staying then book them in a B+B or something asap, because quite a few parents might do the same.
ames123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kels488)
yup deffo roll on freshers week- theres much to do so lil time- aggh :eek: roll on freshers cant wait! are the drinks cheap in the time/acemdi niteclub?

wb
To be honest I don't think they are that cheap. I pay the same home or cheaper. The Ffrith bar is cheap so go there for drink first if you are on Ffrith site.
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ffridd bar isn't there now though.
ames123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sexysax)
Ffridd bar isn't there now though.
It is in Freshers week.
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is it?! Excellent!
ames123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is it?! Excellent!
Yes! I only went in there about 3 times altogether all year lol, with one time being in Freshers week. Will try and go in perhaps in Freshers week, perhaps could meet some of you lot there who are up there?
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's an idea yeah, might be quite hard to get everyone together but I'll try to organise something nearer the time. It'll have to be before everyone leaves though, because the freshers won't have internet for the first 2/3 days, they won't have their username and password.
ames123
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's an idea yeah, might be quite hard to get everyone together but I'll try to organise something nearer the time. It'll have to be before everyone leaves though, because the freshers won't have internet for the first 2/3 days, they won't have their username and password.
Oh yeah that as well, but just meant a few that are up that way cos it would be difficult for people the other side of Bangor to meet there.

For the main meet, probably sometime in the day would be better because as night they are likely to be going out with house mates and in the day it would be not much going on apart from registration etc.
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, my Freshers Week timetable is a lot busier than some others, but we'll work something out.
magnad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Back on topic, I have to drive myself there.

So no parents there to embarass me
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But also no parents to help you with your stuff :rolleyes: .
magnad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm pretty sure I will manage, just a few trips to the car and back, easy
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But also no parents to help you with your stuff :rolleyes: .
I tried to rope someone into helping by helping them move in the day before (I was a Sunday move in but was in Bangor on the Friday) but so how I ended up spending all day Sunday on my todd :p: :p:

Either that or put a big paper sign on your back saying Peer Guides Help Me or :tsr2: HELP! I was parked next to a people carrrier where the student had like 6 other people to help him and like 5 Peer Guides offered him help but nobody asked me even though I am really short and was living on the top floor.

sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
I tried to rope someone into helping by helping them move in the day before (I was a Sunday move in but was in Bangor on the Friday) but so how I ended up spending all day Sunday on my todd :p: :p:
I was in bed! :p: :p:
tomgiddings
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've never really spent much time with my family up here in the last 3 years! Even the first day, they were gone in an hour lol I found it easier to settle in without them there.
stefjarvis
Report 12 years ago
my parents are gonna drop me off but they'll leave quickly. think they are gonna take me food shopping soon as i get there though so i can survive for the first couple of weeks
Pink_Chick
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my mum and uncle or coming bcos they have to share the long drive time, they r just dropping me off kinda thing, like moving boxes. i kinda wish my dad was coming to make me laugh b4 i say goodbye but he;d probably moan lol. c u all soon!
CrazynLuvinLife
Report 12 years ago
My parents are coming. And I really want my best friend along too, because I'll miss her a lot, even though we only see each other occasionally. She might not be able to fit in the car though so we'll see about that.

I don't know what they're doing yet. They keep threatening to stay in a B+B, because I move in Saturday, and then come bug me Sunday morning. I have to be nice to them though, because I need my dad to show me where all the wires go on my computer, in case I break it. Otherwise it could cost a lot in phone bills when something does happen.

Hopefully they won't cramp my style too much though, but if you see a girl fighting to remove a clinging mother please come help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
27.64%
No (89)
72.36%

Watched Threads