The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What are you? Like 10??
I'm glad you're ending it..... clearly she deserves better.
Grow a pair and tell her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Be a man and say it to her face!

****ing idiot.

yeesh, if I stereotyped women you ladies would go apes**t. I guess life isnt fair
Original post by chukster97
yeesh, if I stereotyped women you ladies would go apes**t. I guess life isnt fair

Would you like me to change it to, "Be a decent person"?

Also, I wouldn't go all funny about it. I couldn't care less about people's stereotypes to be honest.
Say it to her face. After 6 months she deserves that or a phone call.
Reply 26
Clearly not mature enough for a relationship. That's low man. Too selfish to do the decent thing.
Reply 27
Grow up and tell her straight out! My ex dumped me this way and it was a horrible experience, I also think I would've gotten over the breakup much quicker if he'd told me to my face.
Original post by After7
I met her at university and have been together for over 6 months. We've both gone back to our own hometowns now and i don't feel like being in a long distance relationship and there are things about her past I don't like but don't wanna hear her sob over it either.

So think I'm just gonna ignore her texts and calls. Is the fade out ever an acceptable method?

If you do this you deserve to be single for the rest of your life. You have no idea how much confusion and pain it causes people. Grow a spine and tell her its over!
There's nothing wrong with it. If she loses her confidence in herself and gets depressed that's her problem. But I would leave a text, it doesn't hurt.
Original post by squealia
If you do this you deserve to be single for the rest of your life. You have no idea how much confusion and pain it causes people. Grow a spine and tell her its over!

I don't usually reply to other comments but what the hell.
It's not about having a spine, people lose interest. You're responsible for your own self-esteem, not other people. If it causes you confusion and pain it's your problem.
Reply 31
People need closure. Shutting down all contact and giving her no opportunity to have a brief chat with you and find out what the deal is will make her a) freak out for days and b) eventually torture herself thinking it was because of any and all the things she most fears someone would break up with her over, when it is likely none of them. Tell her it's over, give her a reason, make sure you convey that you've thought about it properly, give her a chance to say a thing or two and ask questions.
Why would anyone EVER think this was a good idea?
Original post by Clip
Don't know about fade out, but I once just went off-grid. I got really fed up with this girl and didn't tell her I was leaving town (forever). I just said "see you tomorrow" and then moved away.

Holy ****ing OUCH.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ouch. Just be honest and tell her. Ignoring someone in the hope they'll p*ss off is plain ruuude.
Reply 35
It won't cost you anything to tell her. If you're really worried about dealing with the fallout, send her a text message or a facebook message and then block/defriend her. It's much more respectful to let her know in person, but if that's not an option then at least let her know.

Don't just disappear. Humans focus more attention on uncertainty - "Why won't he reply? Did he get in a car crash? Is he okay? Maybe his phone is broken...? Why is he suddenly ... not there?" Speaking from experience, that's absolutely torturous.
Reply 37
Original post by crazytown2014
I don't usually reply to other comments but what the hell.
It's not about having a spine, people lose interest. You're responsible for your own self-esteem, not other people. If it causes you confusion and pain it's your problem.

Would you be completely fine with someone breaking up with you this way then?
Original post by After7
I met her at university and have been together for over 6 months. We've both gone back to our own hometowns now and i don't feel like being in a long distance relationship and there are things about her past I don't like but don't wanna hear her sob over it either.

So think I'm just gonna ignore her texts and calls. Is the fade out ever an acceptable method?

Uhhhmm you should just TELL HER you're not into her. :yy:

:colonhash:
Mods should close this lol it's pretty clear. Problem

solved.

Latest

Trending

Trending