The Student Room Group

How much money do you spend pre-drinking before a night out?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Welsh_insomniac
I really enjoy the venues we go to. Sometimes great bars only serve craft beer and neglect on traditional ales. Sometimes they serve Trappists but at £10 a bottle. The sheer variety of craft ale around is amazing and you simply cannot expect me and my 6 friends to all find a bar which stocks our favourite drink. There's a great beer store around the corner that serves the rarest and best beers from around the world. It's a no brainer.

It really doesn't save us only £5. Let's take a typical Rochefort 10 or La Trappe Quadruple, you're likely to pay up to £9 for a 330ml bottle in a bar, but in a beer shop you can find them for about £3.50 a bottle.

We're not dingy students though... I graduated a few years ago. I enjoy the house I live in and have more refined tastes than wanting to spend £4 on a pint of generic lager. Some of us don't want to be dropping £100 on a nightout when we can pick up our favourite drinks for less than £20, drink them with music at home and then go out for some drinks or dinner or dancing.

Well ok, but that's a bit more sophisticated than most people in the thread are talking about, which is basically necking a load of vodka before going to a nightclub and then wondering why they can't pull.

I also think you're doing it the wrong way round: its surely more fun to meet up and have a few social drinks in a beer garden etc and then head back for some Trappist Ales and a relaxed evening in if you don't fancy clubbing. I don't see the point of going clubbing without first going to some bars, the bars are the fun bit, whereas the clubbing is largely pointless if you haven't met some girls in a bar.
Original post by cole-slaw
Well ok, but that's a bit more sophisticated than most people in the thread are talking about, which is basically necking a load of vodka before going to a nightclub and then wondering why they can't pull.

I also think you're doing it the wrong way round: its surely more fun to meet up and have a few social drinks in a beer garden etc and then head back for some Trappist Ales and a relaxed evening in if you don't fancy clubbing. I don't see the point of going clubbing without first going to some bars, the bars are the fun bit, whereas the clubbing is largely pointless if you haven't met some girls in a bar.

You're right, it may be a lot different from most of the students in here do. Well, our routine changes depending on what sort of event we're going to really. Sometimes we do that, bars can be incredibly fun... I was just giving reasons why I predrink. Drinking in a beer garden does have a certain buzz to it, more so than maybe drinking in our own garden unless we have a party going on (then I guess it's not really pre drinking).

I suppose when you have a group of friends with differing incomes you have to kind of meet a middle ground unless you want to make people feel uncomfortable or have them pull out altogether.
Reply 22
Original post by cole-slaw

Lmao who said anything about pulling, you're the one who brought it up. People pre-drink so you can spend less, not rocket science.
Well ****, a small bottle of Whiskey (like 50cl) is like £10 for Goose and that's pre-drinking :s-smilie: I wish that could last me 4 sessions
Original post by ddtown
Lmao who said anything about pulling, you're the one who brought it up. People pre-drink so you can spend less, not rocket science.

So you're one of these chaps that like to go clubbing and then go home with your mates aye?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending