Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

France vs Germany discussion thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    World cup hasn't been biased to African teams. The only African team that comes out with any credit is Algeria as they played good football, didn't have a bonus scandal, and didn't whine when they left.

France to win, with Benz fittingly scoring the winner.

ReputationRep:
    Algeria game showed that Germany aren't perfect - Hope France wins!

Allez les Bleus!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john0101)
    Since the World Cup has been bias against African teams, who will win between France and Germany the quarters ?

More viewers for this tasty tie, exactly what you wanted eh Blatter ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Over analysing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old_Simon)
    Flu in the German camp apparently. Half the team are under the weather.
    Nice.

Anyway calling France to win.

Germany have looked lethargic imo. Especially their game against Ghana it was clear that Ghana had the better athletes and they were looking very threatening on the counter.

France are lacking in pace on the wings, Howedes is obviously the weak link on left wing, but Valbuena isn't fast enough to actually hurt him, he'll drift into pockets of space in the middle. But they have a lot of energy in the middle, more so than the germans, Matuidi and Pogba breaking through the middle on the counter will make Schweinsteigger and Lahm **** themselves. Griezmann needs to have a good game too. Reckon he'll have little joy vs Boateng so will have to move onto the right wing at some point.

ReputationRep:
    i WANT germany to win but i really think that france will win, they have been playing really good and overall it is a very strong team.

ReputationRep:
    Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Höwedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Müller, Kroos, Özil; Klose.

Lloris; Debuchy, Varane, Sakho, Evra; Cabaye, Matuidi; Valbuena, Pogba, Griezmann; Benzema.

Good to see Lahm at RB at last, but I'd have dropped Ozil and started Schurrle personally. Good choice by France to start Griezmann and drop Giroud. I think France will win this.

ReputationRep:
    Before the worldc cup started I would've definitely said Germany. Howevr after watching both Germany and France progress through the tournament I must say I thik France will edge it. They have been playing the must better football, have looked comforable definsively. Germany ontheotherhand look stuttery, badly organised and not as sharp as we've become acustomed to. I predict Germany 2 France 1. Also I like milk.

ReputationRep:
    Official Line Up just came out for Germany:

-------------- Neuer ---------------

Howedes - Hummels - Boateng - Lahm

Khedira ----- Schweinsteiger

Ozil ------- Kroos ------ Muller

-------------- Klose ---------------

France Squad list:
    Lloris
    Debuchy
    Evra
    Varane
    Sakho
    Cabaye
    Valbuena
    Benzema
    Griezmann
    Matuidi
    Pogba

ReputationRep:
    Really hope France win this.

ReputationRep:
    Thomassssssssssss???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelphys)
    thomassssssssssss???????????
    m u l l e rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! !!!

ReputationRep:

Death to the Krauts! Go France!
    :france:

ReputationRep:
    There's no better finisher out there than Müller :sogood:. Not very technical but he's still always efficient and in the right position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What the heck, Klose is playing? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    These discrimination messages are silly

ReputationRep:
    I like the french national anthem

ReputationRep:
    I'm backing the team which has been home for me for the last year - France.

I really wish we could hear what they say on the pitch though - I speak both languages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I like the french national anthem
    <3 La Marseilleise (if you want to look it up on Spotify, that's it's title)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    These discrimination messages are silly
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You may as well just say that as off now the entire world cup is UEFA vs. CONMEBOL lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.