Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Minecraft Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeyJB)
    I've been working on the spawn area for my server, it's taken a hell of a long time so far.

If you need any help building it I could help as I have some free time (if the server is online and you're not making it in singleplayer or w/e)

(Original post by the_human_oreo)
    Well it is for charity and there are prizes up for grabs
    Oh well that's good, didn't know that :P
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo its about time there was a Minecraft thread! I love the game and play it pretty much all day every day and would even go as far to say its my all time favourite game. Me and my bf play on our own server with friends too.

Lately we have taken a break from vanilla Minecraft and are now using the Tekkit modpack. Any of you guys played Tekkit? We also use the dimensional door mod which is bloody scary!
    I love vanilla Minecraft but Tekkit makes a nice wee change
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Looks good so far.

Are you going to share the ip/url with us so we can join when you are finished??
    Yeah I will

(Original post by ozzie2)
    If you need any help building it I could help as I have some free time (if the server is online and you're not making it in singleplayer or w/e)
    Building it on SP at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've played tekkit but I feel modpacks are really hard to get into unless I put a lot of time into learning it, it's like learning Minecraft but harder concepts instead of just putting stuff into a crafting table

(Original post by LukeyJB)
    Building it on SP at the moment!
    Ahh ok no worries, would love to join it if you give out the ip when it's finished and online
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzie2)
    Yeah I've played tekkit but I feel modpacks are really hard to get into unless I put a lot of time into learning it, it's like learning Minecraft but harder concepts instead of just putting stuff into a crafting table
    Yeah I do agree Tekkit can take a while to get into and the crafting of new items is quite difficult but its a nice change if you have the time to get to know the modpack

Are any of you guys good at making red stone machinery? I just can't seem to grasp it. Also do you guys always play on survival mode or sometimes creative? I find creative boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Firstly: Farlands or bust.
    Secondly: Hella yes Mindcrack in general.
    Thirdly: Minecraft, how I love you and hate you. I owe Minecraft for letting me meet many of my amazing online friends playing on public servers and private ones and talking to people all around the world had helped shape who I am today.
    If any mindcrack fans watch Millbee's streams you can probably find someone to get me to pay attention (laziest stream mod ever).
    Millthong forever.

TLDR: Minecraft. :smug:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Private Tekkit/FTB Servers >

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    Yeah I do agree Tekkit can take a while to get into and the crafting of new items is quite difficult but its a nice change if you have the time to get to know the modpack

Are any of you guys good at making red stone machinery? I just can't seem to grasp it. Also do you guys always play on survival mode or sometimes creative? I find creative boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it's fun learning about a new modpack, and very cool to learn new things.
    I used to play creative often, but got bored of it like you do. I play survival most of the time now

ReputationRep:
    www.minesteria.com

I ran a pretty successful server last year but gave it up after I lost interest, restarting a new one. The server isn't actually open yet, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    There was a pretty large thread on it but it died out last year :erm:
    I guess I missed that out.

Back on the topic, has anyone tried the Minecraft 1.8 update?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't played Minecraft in a year. Is the community growing, dying out or still the same as it was?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HassanD)
    I haven't played Minecraft in a year. Is the community growing, dying out or still the same as it was?
    Tbh I would say the 'fandom' and popularity of Mineceaft have been dying out for a while but its still as amazing as ever to its loyal players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The community is still pretty big, there are loads of servers that are very popular, I feel that as others move on from the game, new people join.

ReputationRep:
    As I'm coming up on the Summer of Year 11, me and my friends are gonna record a series on the Attack of the B team modpack!

I'll let you know when the series is starting, but in the mean-time, got any modpacks we could do series' on?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the Vanilla Minecraft is slowing down a bit now, but modded Minecraft is really taking off!

Some modpacks I recommend:

Tekkit
    Attack of the B team
    Big Dig
    TPPI
    Hermitcraft Modsauce

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.