The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

International Students at Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Hey im from the United States! Going Spring 2015 for a semester. Yeah, where are people planning on living? I am debating doing private housing because that is what most upperclassmen do however I don't know if its a bad idea for international students. Any thoughts?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
Original post by cjackson4949
Hey im from the United States! Going Spring 2015 for a semester. Yeah, where are people planning on living? I am debating doing private housing because that is what most upperclassmen do however I don't know if its a bad idea for international students. Any thoughts?

I'm going to be at Leeds in the fall and was looking at private housing. Most people won't do a short term lease. I'm thinking of just signing a contract and then sub-letting to someone for the spring semester. If you're interested in possibly doing that let me know.
Hello everyone, I'm from Bulgaria and I'm going to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering (undergraduate) .
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi! I'm from Australia and I'm studying Media and Politics. Staying in the Tannery, block A!
Coming from Canada, staying in the Tannery. Hopefully I'll see you guys around!
Reply 25
Original post by torontogal
Coming from Canada, staying in the Tannery. Hopefully I'll see you guys around!

Me too were in canada? And what are you studying? and I'm at the tannery to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by radelaidean
Hi! I'm from Australia and I'm studying Media and Politics. Staying in the Tannery, block A!

Lol nice I'm block c

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HXRLEEN
Me too were in canada? And what are you studying? and I'm at the tannery to

Posted from TSR Mobile

GTA haha, hbu? I'm in history. Sweet maybe I'll see you around
Reply 28
Original post by torontogal
GTA haha, hbu? I'm in history. Sweet maybe I'll see you around

Brampton and we prob will aha
Hello! I'm from China and going to study postgraduate course at the Institute of Communication Studies. Nice to know you all~
Reply 30
Hii everybody! :smile: I'm Mia from Austria staying in Leodis block J. Going to study Performance & Cultural Industries but I'll be taking some classes in English and Linguistics as well. Can't wait to meet you all! x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by miaxono
Hii everybody! :smile: I'm Mia from Austria staying in Leodis block J. Going to study Performance & Cultural Industries but I'll be taking some classes in English and Linguistics as well. Can't wait to meet you all! x

Turns out we are in the same department! Nice to meet you ~~I'm in St Mark's, block C~~
Reply 32
Hey y'all! I'm originally from Brazil but now I'm considered a British student cause I've been living in the UK since forever! :P I've just finished my first year in Leeds (studying Psychology), and I'm super excited for second year!
Anyway, I saw some people here are thinking of living in private accommodation... If I could offer some advice... I'd say don't! Private housing is a bit risky, since you don't get to see the house before you move in or anything... and there are some horrible landlords around looking to get easy money from international students. Last year we had a bunch of international students in my halls who were only here for a semester, so the Uni is used to doing short-term contracts. Plus, uni accommodation will always be safe, clean, and if anything breaks they'll replace it within 48 hours! :biggrin: (Seriously! I complained about the state of the stairs outside my flat and within 24 hrs there was a guy there fixing the whole thing!)
Reply 33
Original post by AzucenaRen
Turns out we are in the same department! Nice to meet you ~~I'm in St Mark's, block C~~

Looks like we'll be in the same block. I'm also in St Mark's block C. I'll be studying Translation and I'm from the USA. :smile:
Original post by mizuci
Looks like we'll be in the same block. I'm also in St Mark's block C. I'll be studying Translation and I'm from the USA. :smile:

What a coincidence! I too am a translator. I've translated National Geographic articles and Craig Simons' The Devouring Dragon into Chinese. It's soooo great to know other translators. Which languages do you use? We must have much to talk about!
Reply 35
Original post by AzucenaRen
What a coincidence! I too am a translator. I've translated National Geographic articles and Craig Simons' The Devouring Dragon into Chinese. It's soooo great to know other translators. Which languages do you use? We must have much to talk about!

Cool! My languages are Japanese and English. I've been doing mostly volunteer stuff recently.
Original post by mizuci
Cool! My languages are Japanese and English. I've been doing mostly volunteer stuff recently.

So we are both between English an oriental language.:smile: Voluntary work is admirable. Nice to know you!
Reply 37
Nutrition ,Postgraduate. From Lebanon :smile:
Hey! I'm from France and i'm going to study undergraduate courses at the institute of communication studies. Staying at Devonshire White Lodge!
Hey people of the world! I'm from Montreal, Canada and will be in Leeds next semester. It's nice to see that Leeds is a popular school among other canadians! I am studying business and economics and will be staying in Charles Morris Hall. Hope to see all of you at the ''international welcome week''!

Quick Reply

Latest