Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is my mum a disgrace? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How can you speak about your mother in this way? Seriously, what do you gain from making a thread like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)
    But she has had children with 3 different men! This is clearly a disgrace...
    That is your opinion, I see nothing disgraceful in what she has done and I ask you kindly not to refer to her in such a derogatory manner

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does no one even have the slightest sympathy for the original boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Why? People break up all the time, it's nothing new

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingislosing)
    Why? People break up all the time, it's nothing new

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know we're not supposed to give a rats ass about adult men.

ReputationRep:
    Yes this is my point exactly. Her original boyfriend (my dad) was clearly not loved by her, as she left him for an old man. I asked my dad why she left him and he said 'Things just didn't work'. I know he's lying and that she left him because he was poor and that he couldn't give her the expensive things she desired.

ReputationRep:
    I know we're not supposed to give a rats ass about adult men.
    What does he being male have to do with it

What about the countless men that leave their wives for younger women too? Who cares about them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm shocked at how many people think in the same terms as my mum. I doubt my mum would invest her time with a 67 year old man had he not been as wealthy as he was. Also, she was 25 and he was 67... That's a huge age difference! He's old enough to be her father possibly grandfather.
    I think she saw an opportunity for a better life but she left my dad for an old man. How could she have loved my dad? Clearly she is a gold digger...
    I find it strange that you seem to be more upset that she might have taken advantage of this old dude than she walked out on your dad?

I mean really it's your dad getting shafted in all of this, the older guy got a great deal out of it.

Personally I think you're just a troll trying to stir up anti woman sentiment.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do the same thing really, I mean she hasn't exactly done anything wrong- no-one's come to harm, in fact she's greatly improved your life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super199)
    She is a hoe fam
    Lol ouch... how rude...

ReputationRep:
    I know, even the OP doesn't seem bothered!

The way I see it is he is the only one wronged in this situation :\

ReputationRep:
    What about the countless men that leave their wives for younger women too? Who cares about them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly. I assume you don't approve of that. Yet no one appears to be showing any concern for the guy that was left by OPs mum. All I'm saying.

ReputationRep:
    Yes this is my point exactly. Her original boyfriend (my dad) was clearly not loved by her, as she left him for an old man. I asked my dad why she left him and he said 'Things just didn't work'. I know he's lying and that she left him because he was poor and that he couldn't give her the expensive things she desired.
    Its no more wrong than if she had left him for another poor person. The principle is Identical - she leaves because she doesn't love him for someone that can provide more happiness. Whether that be money, love or being great in bed, the outcome is the same regardless.

ReputationRep:
    You're a disgrace for referring to your mother in that manner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah she aint a disgrace she just a gold digga. kanye n foxx would be proud

ReputationRep:
    It may have genuinely not been working, could be lot so things. If you care about people who can't do what your mum did then don't vote for governments that want to destroy services like the NHS that help poorer people. Basically don't be one of those richer people that closes the trap door behind them.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I assume you don't approve of that. Yet no one appears to be showing any concern for the guy that was left by OPs mum. All I'm saying.
    I'm not particularly bothered about that either. People break up for countless reasons. My main issue on this thread is with how OP has referred to his own mother who quite clearly was putting her children's needs before her own.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I know, even the OP doesn't seem bothered!

The way I see it is he is the only one wronged in this situation :\
    Once again you restore my faith in people

ReputationRep:
    No, but i think her eldest son sounds like a disgrace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old_Simon)
    She certainly made the best choice for her child. We can not possibly fault her for that.
    That argument didn't work out so well for Jean Valjean.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not particularly bothered about that either. People break up for countless reasons. My main issue on this thread is with how OP has referred to his own mother who quite clearly was putting her children's needs before her own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess it's because as a man I'm more lickly to encounter the scenario of being left for someone with more money which made me inclined to feel sorry for the young bloke.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.