Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

best smartphone that is £200 or less Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Yeah demo models in phone stores are absolutely useless now, either non-functional bodies to avoid theft or the actual phone with a bloody zip tie or other security measure wrapped around the screen making trying it out a massive pain. I'm honestly at a loss at to how we've been living with "proper" smartphones for seven years now and nobody has come up with a better anti-theft measure that won't impact the unit's usability.
    Shame is they're like bike locks, more of a deterrent than anything else. Can't blame them though, they have to be seen to be doing something.
    Because phone models usually need very specific brackets and shops don't always have the space to put out all the phones, there are loads of working demo models just kicking around in the stockroom or in staff pockets (for work use obviously :p: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    i like big square phones that have a flat back unlike the moto g which has a curved back.
    that's fair

i've got a Nexus 5 which is a big square phone and i've gotta say that, apart from the fact that it is a lot lighter, it's not as nice to hold as the Moto G because of having no curved back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    I've got a Huawei ascend for £70 and it's excellent. The only downside on mine is no forward facing camera (for Skype, for example), but apart from that, I don't know why people pay lots for "superior" models.
    I got this for Christmas and its already broken - touchscreen is dodgy, won't let me press buttons very easily. I have no idea why its doing it, I haven't dropped it or anything. It was good when it worked, but unfortunately hasn't lasted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.