Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Belgians can't lose to people that call football "Soccer".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who's the best player in the USA team?

ReputationRep:
    1-1.

ReputationRep:
    Americans are unbelievably cringe

Need my Belgians to inflict pain tonight so this soccer thing dies a death in the cot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    total randomer in the studio for tonight's game
    He"s not random. Chris Waddle is a famous player from 80's 90's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'murica

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    I want USA to LOSE. Hate the over patriotic chanting of "USA" It's rather disturbing. Like these ignorant, uneducated, inbred rednecks shouting yet not even able to fathom the sport of Football!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a bit strong don't you think? You sound like my dad - always anti anything that is US. Since football is a niche sport in the USA it's actually quite likely that the football fans are more educated than those from other nations.

ReputationRep:
    i don't want USA to win anymore

ReputationRep:
    ESPN ratings in the states will be going through the roof right now

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I love saccer.

ReputationRep:
    USA! USA! USA!

Belgium haven't been playing that well this world cup. USA have been consistent throughout and they deserve to win.

I just hope this game is more exciting than the past few. i.e not having to wait 100 minutes for a goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefl14)
    That's a bit strong don't you think? You sound like my dad - always anti anything that is US. Since football is a niche sport in the USA it's actually quite likely that the football fans are more educated than those from other nations.
    The majority are uneducated. I'd be surprised if they knew Belguim was a country. Not to mention their evil government and politics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The strategy for Belgium to win this is to injure the goalkeeper by shooting at his pelvis and eventually take advantage.

ReputationRep:
    How comes there's hasn't been a stoppage yet? I need to grab some potato chips while being treated to mildly funny commercials.

ReputationRep:
    BELGIUM BELGIUM BELGIUM BELGIUM BELGIUM BELGIUM:teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's a great threat that the USA will get good at football any time soon. They're clearly investing in their infrastucture now but it will take around 15 yerars + before we see any results. Right now they have a technically poor team, and a lot of their players are Germans with dual nationalities.

It's interesting, because on the one hand people want Soccer in the US to get the respect it deserves but don't want the USA to grow dominant, which they inevitably will if Soccer does grow dominant.

Let's just all be thankful that China doesn't give a **** about football.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: So incompetent in getting the streaker of the pitch

ReputationRep:
    Right guys, been 15 mins, still goaless, there's no goals in this game.

ReputationRep:
    Saaaccerrr

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.