Which are campus unis? Watch

thefin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by crazybored)
English Lit + campus uni = Sussex (but I'm biased)
Yeh I'm definitely interested in Sussex. I think the straight English offer is a little too high for me, however one of the the joint honours courses may lower the grades. As I said earlier I quite fancy American Studies or History. Also just had a look at their site which is, by the way, fantastic and their Film Studies course combined with English is also interesting.

Hmmm... Im getting very interested now! Just seen the year abroad thing as well.
HBB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Brunel (West London) is a campus uni too I do believe!
thefin
Rep:
?
Someone neg repped me for asking for rep on this page!? :rolleyes: :eek:

Um...I didn't!

Haha, who was it?
HannahZ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by thefin)
Someone neg repped me for asking for rep on this page!? :rolleyes: :eek:

Um...I didn't!

Haha, who was it?
I thiought you were offering rep not asking for it. I think they owe you some back.
thefin
Rep:
?
(Original post by HannahZ)
I thiought you were offering rep not asking for it. I think they owe you some back.
I was offering rep. Oh well. They misread. I doubt it was anybody that poseted here.

Thanks to everyone else for reading it properly. :p:
Pink_Crayon_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Roehampton is a campus uni.
I go there and it's pretty nice, but if you're set for ABC grades then it's probably best to go for somewhere with a better rep.
charlihedge
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
birmingham lovely academic campus + most accomodation on nearby separate campus (but within a vibrant city) = best of both worlds
Meltdown30
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you want somewhere that's pretty cheap to live and with low entrance requirements, what about University of Ulster? English is offered at their Coleraine campus (UU is actually 4 separate campuses), with 260 points for straight English and 240 points for English with American Studies or history.
Happy1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Warwick is a campus uni... and one of thebest in the country
holly_golightly
Report 11 years ago
Lancaster! Certainly has a charm of it's own and i believe the lit department is fantastic. They offer the chance to combine, and speaking from experience, the Linguistics side of things are fantastic
The Boosh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
exeter is usually referenced as having the most attractive campus in the country.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Boosh)
exeter is usually referenced as having the most attractive campus in the country.
Indeed. English Lit+leafy campus uni=Exeter
(not that The Boosh and I are biased or anything...)
SugarExplosion
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wanted exactly what you're after and found that in Loughborough. Everything is a max 20 mins walk (thats from one side of campus to the other) All halls, union, shops, take away, taxis, library, hairdressers, opticians, doctors, dentist, estate agents, supermarket, banks, restaurants etc are ALL on campus. Town is less than a half an hour walk away and has loadsa good shops if you wanna go (or go on the bus like we do if you're lazy) but you only need to go if you WANT too, not cause you HAVE too. Leicester and Nottingham are also a 10 mins train journey away (a bus of which goes to the station from campus) so you can always get to the big places if you're after a big shopping spree!
The Boosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
Indeed. English Lit+leafy campus uni=Exeter
(not that The Boosh and I are biased or anything...)
nooooooooooooooooooooo
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Birmingham defo, campus uni but like 10mins on the train from city centre and english at brum is wicked.
Bluelight
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Notts Uni is definitely the nicest campus uni in the uk, its more like hogwarts in the trent building than a uni. Its ace.
À la folie, pas du tout
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by thefin)
Yeh I'm definitely interested in Sussex. I think the straight English offer is a little too high for me, however one of the the joint honours courses may lower the grades. As I said earlier I quite fancy American Studies or History. Also just had a look at their site which is, by the way, fantastic and their Film Studies course combined with English is also interesting.

Hmmm... Im getting very interested now! Just seen the year abroad thing as well.
i was just about to say sussex as well... it has a gorgeous campus and with brighton and the beach minutes away you get the best of both worlds! i think you should definitely consider coming to sussex! although i'm biased too... but still... have you been on an open day yet? i think the american and film studies courses are meant to be really good but are pretty popular!
Anth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Huddersfield is a campus uni, right in the middle of the town. The halls the uni want everyone to go to are 5 miles away like, but all of the uni itself is on one campus.
apotoftea
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Chichester is a campus uni for undergrad. Halls are about 1 minute from the bar, food and lecture halls

Post grad courses for teaching are based in bognor on the other campus
The Boosh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
University of Exeter:

The UK's most beautiful campus, just 15 minutes' walk from the city centre. A Registered Botanic Garden, the Streatham campus was described by The Times as the 'best-gardened campus in Britain' and by The Independent as having a 'sublime' setting.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.51%
No (528)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.8%

Watched Threads