Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else have bad eyesight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    Mostly blind in one eye, partially colour blind, long sited and can't see in 3D :P wearing glasses since i was 6 woop woop!
    Can't see in 3D? How does that even work? And I have to ask, but what happens if you put 3D glasses on at the cinema?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qewrtyu)
    Urgh I know only one person who has worse eyesight than me. Got a prescription of -7 :'(
    I had glasses in year 7 then stopped wearing them because they didn't really make a difference.

Went to the optician last year because I knew my eyesight was getting ridic to the point where I was waving at random people across the street, turns out I need glasses and my prescription is -3.5!!

I still hate wearing glasses so I'm going to get contacts

ReputationRep:
    My prescription's awful, can't remember the exact number but with my glasses on I can't read a numberplate from far enough away to be able to drive.

ReputationRep:
    -1.25 wooo!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    Can't see in 3D? How does that even work? And I have to ask, but what happens if you put 3D glasses on at the cinema?
    To be honest I'm not really sure...but it is something to do with the fact I don't have two fully working eyes so my eyes don't send a 3D image to my brain, instead my brain has to convert the 2D image into something it recognises (I don't really understand the optician told me when I was 6 :P )

I physically cannot use 3D glasses, they do not work, I just see the two images which is why I now avoid 3D movies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsbehonest)
    I had glasses in year 7 then stopped wearing them because they didn't really make a difference.

Went to the optician last year because I knew my eyesight was getting ridic to the point where I was waving at random people across the street, turns out I need glasses and my prescription is -3.5!!

I still hate wearing glasses so I'm going to get contacts
    go for it! for some reason i can put in contacts really quickly at the opticians but it takes me ages at home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Moved to Health.

Been wearing glasses since I was 2 / 3 years old. No idea what my prescription is now. I am lucky if I can read the 5th line of the eye chart with my left eye, and the 2nd line with my right eye, corrected.

Oh, and to make it slightly more fun, I'm colourblind.

You poor thing. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThoughtIsFree)
    -1.25 wooo!!
    aha thats nothing

ReputationRep:
    aha thats nothing
    haha i still moan about it to everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Moved to Health.

Been wearing glasses since I was 2 / 3 years old. No idea what my prescription is now. I am lucky if I can read the 5th line of the eye chart with my left eye, and the 2nd line with my right eye, corrected.

Oh, and to make it slightly more fun, I'm colourblind.
    you started wearing glasses when you were 3 :eek:. aw I feel bad for pitying myself for my own bad eyesight now.

ReputationRep:
    I have been wearing glasses since I was about 6, both eyes around the -7 mark, now that im turning 18 though I am very much interested in laser eye surgery and can't wait for the day I can see things clearly without glasses, though it will be pretty weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    To be honest I'm not really sure...but it is something to do with the fact I don't have two fully working eyes so my eyes don't send a 3D image to my brain, instead my brain has to convert the 2D image into something it recognises (I don't really understand the optician told me when I was 6 :P )

I physically cannot use 3D glasses, they do not work, I just see the two images which is why I now avoid 3D movies.
    I've never heard of that before. That's so unusual, I feel for you bro. :five:

ReputationRep:
    If i close my right eye everything is a blur.

I cannot read anything with just my left eye. I have been to the opticians yet they haven't said anything about it.

Should i go for a second opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Join the club. I'm -9.5 in my right eye, -9.0 in my left. My mum suffers from a degenerative disorder of the eye called keratoconus, but it seems likely that I haven't inherited it..or at least I certainly hope I won't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    I've never heard of that before. That's so unusual, I feel for you bro. :five:
    It's fine :P Tbh the only annoying thing about it is when people ask "so do you see like you were in old school mario" or something similar :P From my perspective it isn't bad cause I was born with it and i've always had it so I have no idea what normal vision is like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    I have been wearing glasses since I was about 6, both eyes around the -7 mark, now that im turning 18 though I am very much interested in laser eye surgery and can't wait for the day I can see things clearly without glasses, though it will be pretty weird.
    ah I think I'd be too scared to ever get laser eye surgery - they cut into your eyes :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    Join the club. I'm -9.5 in my right eye, -9.0 in my left. My mum suffers from a degenerative disorder of the eye called keratoconus, but it seems likely that I haven't inherited it..or at least I certainly hope I won't!
    yeah I have no idea where my terrible eyesight came from both my parents have much better eyesight than me - only my cousin has worse
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    you started wearing glasses when you were 3 :eek:. aw I feel bad for pitying myself for my own bad eyesight now.
    Or possibly 2. Can't quite remember now. Either way, it's been too bloody long.

ReputationRep:
    well I guess we should all be glad we're not completely blind
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    ah I think I'd be too scared to ever get laser eye surgery - they cut into your eyes :eek:
    They sometimes show how laser eye surgery is done on a programme called How it Works. Being squeamish about anything eye related, I can't physically watch that at all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.