Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll: Leonardo di Caprio or Will Smith, who do you think has had the best career ...? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who, out of Leo and Will, do you think has had the best career?
    Leonardo di Caprio
    60.87%
    Will Smith
    39.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    1) sales don't equal quality. the avengers made far more money than the godfather did.
    2) will smith was a mediocre rapper. no fan of rap would put him 'up there'. Id rather be a great actor like di caprio than mediocre at everything
    3) highly regarded black actor? so what you are suggesting is that part of smith's popularity is due to his race and not the man himself?
    The question isn't about who's more skillful, who's the more crafted actor, it's about who's had the best career.
    Careers are measured (by most) in money earned and ventures undertaken.

Logic therefore says that's Smith.

ReputationRep:
    I think DiCapro is a better actor but not by much I think stuff like MIB and Fresh Prince mean people don't take Smith's acting as seriously, even thought he's featured in some top films with serious acting.

Side note. Got to respect Leo for his array of beautiful girlfriends though, guy is living the ****ing dream. Top boy, up there with Genghis Khan on the conquest front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartplums)
    LD has the best films but WS has charisma which a lot of actors seem to lack these days. They both have fantastic careers so I don't think I could pick between the two.
    This is an excellent critique. Here is mine:

WS has the best films but LD has charisma which a lot of actors seem to lack these days. They both have fantastic careers so I don't think I could pick between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    The question isn't about who's more skillful, who's the more crafted actor, it's about who's had the best career.
    Careers are measured (by most) in money earned and ventures undertaken.

Logic therefore says that's Smith.
    Wrong. Money is an indicator of 'success' but not who will be revered in years to come.

Successful - Smith
    Legendary - DiCaprio

ReputationRep:
    Will Smith has had the best career I believe

Also looks a lot better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wrong. Money is an indicator of 'success' but not who will be revered in years to come.
    Can't trot out "wrong" as if you're some sole arbiter of fact, you know.

Reverence doesn't automatically have anything to do with career success either. Steve Martin is revered but a lot of his films are utter pap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)

WS has the best films but LD has charisma which a lot of actors seem to lack these days. They both have fantastic careers so I don't think I could pick between the two.
    Just cos you ain't getting no pussy.

ReputationRep:
    Can't trot out "wrong" as if you're some sole arbiter of fact, you know.

Reverence doesn't automatically have anything to do with career success either. Steve Martin is revered but a lot of his films are utter pap.
    Revered? I would go that far. Comedic actors generally aren't respected the same way dramatic ones are.

I'm talking like Brando, De Niro, Dean, Pacino, De Niro etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingislosing)
    Will Smith has had the best career I believe

Also looks a lot better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Than di caprio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)

Lol? The Departed alone is better than all the films WS has starred in put together.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to argue against...

"Admired by some" might be a more appropriate choice of words.

And films are an art form and all art is subjective. Quantifying one over another is largely a fools' game.
    Regarding films as an art form is also subjective Don't think anyone can have a subjective view of acting in a film though, it tends to be definitive

ReputationRep:
    Di caprio hasn't made anything that is closer to me than Fresh Prince. I'll watch that when I'm an old man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    Regarding films as an art form is also subjective Don't think anyone can have a subjective view of acting in a film though, it tends to be definitive
    If it were then award shows would be needless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cornelius)
    Lol? The Departed alone is better than all the films WS has starred in put together.
    I was being sarcastic.

ReputationRep:
    Than di caprio?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whaaaaat

ReputationRep:
    Whaaaaat
    I find will Smith more attractive, what's the issue?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ... I look kinda like di caprio...

nah theres no issue hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Will Smith.

Next Question. Smith does amazing work to get into character and follows a strict work ethic.

While Leo's movies are brilliantly crafted and directed, Smith has grossed more than him.

They are both excellent and hard working actors.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently when Will Smith was shooting for I, Robot, in the scene in his apartment, where he is in the shower, his penis was strapped to his leg because it was too long and therefore visible on camera.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.