Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Told a friend I like her..... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    I don't get all this bull****. Seriously, why is telling a girl you like them a bad move if they like you back O.o
    Because women like to get men who they can't get.

When they know they can get you, it get's boring, and lose interest - so move onto the next guy. They basically get a buzz out of the chase,and the feeling of earning the guy - the way they see it, if he is hard to get, other girls must like him too. So I must get him before another girl does.

I swear they are hardwired that way, bit mental.

(Original post by fat_hobbit)

When they know they can get you, it get's boring, and lose interest - so move onto the next guy. They basically get a buzz out of the chase,and the feeling of earning the guy - the way they see it, if he is hard to get, other girls must like him too. So I must get him before another girl does.

You'd need to know a very complicated backstory for me to know that this was a good idea for me.

Point in case:

I never text first, talk for a while, leave it a few days - almost guaranteed ill get a text asking how im doing.

....and im the one chasing. :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You'd need to know a very complicated backstory for me to know that this was a good idea for me.

Point in case:

I never text first, talk for a while, leave it a few days - almost guaranteed ill get a text asking how im doing.

....and im the one chasing. :-/
    Who's chasing, you or her?

Was your last comment sarcasm?

Im confused

ReputationRep:
    Meet her in person? Sounds obvious and stuff but I'm sure you'll find her. Ask friends if they know where she is, sometimes you need to talk face to face.

Who's chasing, you or her?

Was your last comment sarcasm?

Im confused
    Last comment was sarcasm, I was implying shes chasing as shes the one who does all the texting.

ReputationRep:

Unfortunately, this is the undeniable truth.
    And yes, it's mental.

ReputationRep:
    Last comment was sarcasm, I was implying shes chasing as shes the one who does all the texting.
    She could be stringing you along mate.

You know some girls right, after they get comfortable with you, they will do that for the validation but will never actually ever sleep with you.

If this turns out to be the case mate. You read it here - get shot of her. Don't get all sentimental and **** by keeping her around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabire3)
    Meet her in person? Sounds obvious and stuff but I'm sure you'll find her. Ask friends if they know where she is, sometimes you need to talk face to face.
    Wtf no, just no. A girl who is hiding from you is not worth chasing at all. It's embrassing and sad, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solemn Rain)
    Wtf no, just no. A girl who is hiding from you is not worth chasing at all. It's emabrassing and sad.
    He is being strung along.

If she wanted his D, she would have found a way to meet him. Especially now that he has shown his hand.

OP - we have all been there mate.

Get shot of her, before she becomes an unhealthy obsession.

She could be stringing you along mate.

You know some girls right, after they get comfortable with you, they will do that for the validation but will never actually ever sleep with you.

If this turns out to be the case mate. You read it here - get shot of her. Don't get all sentimental and **** by keeping her around.
    Trust me, this rejection would be the worst, show a lot of signs of interest - runs at the first move of taking it a step further.

I just would turn into a knob. Doing what ever the **** i want breaking as many hearts as I want as it seems to happen to me enough times. lol!

ReputationRep:

If she wanted his D, she would have found a way to meet him. Especially now that he has shown his hand.

Exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solemn Rain)
    Wtf no, just no. A girl who is hiding from you is not worth chasing at all. It's embrassing and sad, tbh.
    Fair enough, forget her mate :-P

Lesson for next time :-)

ReputationRep:
    Let me look into my crystal ball.

I see:

"Hey mate, how's it going? So sweet of you for you to tell me that, but

(a) we have such a good time and we're such good friends and I really don't see you like that. I just don't want to risk our valuable friendship.

OR

(b) I have so much going on at the moment, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship atm. I need some space.

Have a great weekend!

Emily/Ella/Chloe/Hannah/Katie/Izzy x

(Original post by Clip)
    Let me look into my crystal ball.

I see:

"Hey mate, how's it going? So sweet of you for you to tell me that, but

(a) we have such a good time and we're such good friends and I really don't see you like that. I just don't want to risk our valuable friendship.

OR

(b) I have so much going on at the moment, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship atm. I need some space.

Have a great weekend!

Emily/Ella/Chloe/Hannah/Katie/Izzy
    There are some harsh people in this world.

ReputationRep:
    There are some harsh people in this world.
    Well, that's why broadband was invented.

ReputationRep:

You sound like a stalker, she either likes him or she doesn't. You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    You sound like a stalker, she either likes him or she doesn't. You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=oneitis

OP is suffering from this.

lol nope, i did say to you i had other options. but this one just felt different to me.

ReputationRep:

You should use your friendzone advice in this instance, I have very little experience in this department.

ReputationRep:
    lol nope, i did say to you i had other options. but this one just felt different to me.
    You can still have oneitis when you have other options.

Oneitis is basically unrequited love.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.