Why, I'll get a warning :eek:

(Original post by universal_set)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    Why, I'll get a warning :eek:

Cuz ma threads are written in trollish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dire wolf)
    agree. he'd have a better chance of getting the type of job that he wants if he had a stem degree under his belt, tho.
    To be a carpenter/Kitchen Fitter? No. You need a vocational qualification and experience through either getting an apprenticeship or just getting the job and learning on the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)
    Ah

ReputationRep:
    People who learn kitchen fitting makes more money than someone sitting in front of a computer so is gas technician, plumber or electrician. Someone came the other day to fix ac, took him 20 min and charged 100 pounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    To be a carpenter/Kitchen Fitter? No. You need a vocational qualification and experience through either getting an apprenticeship or just getting the job and learning on the job.
    bsc in materials science/civil engineering*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    bsc in materials science/civil engineering*
    This is kitchen fitting and carpentry we are talking about, not big building projects. There are two options here, go to uni and amass £36,000 or more worth of debt before you even get a job. Or get a job.

ReputationRep:
    agree. he'd have a better chance of getting the type of job that he wants if he had a stem degree under his belt, tho.
    A successful society requires people from almost all professions. If everyone is civil engineer then who will give us medical treatment or who will clean our roads?

ReputationRep:
    This is kitchen fitting and carpentry we are talking about, not big building projects. There are two options here, go to uni and amass £36,000 or more worth of debt before you even get a job. Or get a job.
    I suppose you like the idea of starting at the bottom or something

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you like the idea of starting at the bottom or something
    i like the idea of not being in debt. Doing Civil engineering is not going to help you to hang a door or fit a kitchen. It isn't a necessity in that line of work. So why bother putting yourself in debt if you don't need to?

ReputationRep:
    i like the idea of not being in debt. Doing Civil engineering is not going to help you to hang a door or fit a kitchen. It isn't a necessity in that line of work. So why bother putting yourself in debt if you don't need to?
    lets you start on £100k a year instead of £25k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrawfordRolex)
    No I do not own a Rolex.

I own Rolexes.
    ?????
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

I guess it is called an investment which involves time, cost & effort. In the end, some investments offer best interest rates and some gives less

ReputationRep:
    ?????
    More like he's pirating photoshop and downloading it as we speak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    More like he's pirating photoshop and downloading it as we speak

Hahahaha.....

ReputationRep:
    lets you start on £100k a year instead of £25k
    This guy wants to fit kitchen or carpentry, he isn't going to get £100k a year from that anyway. I can see the point if you want to be an engineer, but otherwise it is pointless.

I guess it is called an investment which involves time, cost & effort. In the end, some investments offer best interest rates and some gives less
    I am well aware of the investment, I am currently at uni. With an estimated debt upon leaving of about £40k, however I cannot easily become a chartered surveyor without this qualification so it is a necessary evil. Although I do love Uni more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    There's the old saying that only boring people get bored. Not strictly true in the literal sense, however a career is very much what you make of it.

ReputationRep:
    For example,

Attachment 299451

Attachment 299450
    Wembley Market?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.