Why did you take a gap year? [Urgent] Watch

Mel2077
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My Gap year has just started Very exciting.
My reasons for taking a Gap year.....

1)Although i gained the grades for my university course this time around (BBBB for physiotherapy) i didnt have the work experience thats also needed. so im spending the next 6 months gathering as much of that as possible in different hospitals and clinics. Also, i will be doing some volunteer work around the area.

2)Im only doing this for 6 months until all the major university stuff is over such as interviews and accepting/rejecting offers etc. After this im looking to either travel for a few months on one of the reccomended gap year schemes or work abroad over the summer. im thinking maybe new zeland or camp america.

3)Along side all this im part-time working for the money. I wanted to save some and also buy some of the things i wont be able to afford whilst im at univeristy (such as a decent laptop and a new set of instruments). Although part-time doesnt seem very good idea for a gap year (as most people get a well paid full-time job) in my case its all thats needed as my job pays pretty well anyway and we keep all our own tips which can be very very good at times

4)So to sum up... I'd always wanted to take a gap year ever since about year 10. I wanted to travel, to see some of the world, to meet new people, to have some fun and to generally have a nice break. BUT seeing all my friends preparing for university this time round is hard because its made me realise that i am ready to go to uni NOW and i feel ill be missing out, but at the same time im glad i chose to take a gap year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise