Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have a Horrible Voice/Accent that you won't Believe! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that I have a strange voice because of my "accent". I'm deaf so I have a slight "deaf accent" (speaking in a higher pitched voice without realising) so I can relate. I used to get teased a lot for it (ended up hating my voice) and it sometimes gets pointed out by family members but I've gotten used to it. :lol: I don't mind about my "deaf accent" any more.

You could visit a speech therapist to learn how to alter your accent or go to a psychologist about the Foreign Accent Syndrome.

P.S. I think a lot of northern accents sound awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    Ermmm that's actually really rude. Northern accents aren't horrible. If anything, Nigerian accents are literally the worst accents ever.
    Well that was rude.. as i am nigerian and i one time had this bizzare nigerian mixed british accent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    I can't Embrace it, because it's sort of embarassing.. at least probably i should be happy i have some sort of a british acccent
    Why is it embarrassing? It's your voice.

What does it matter if your accent is British or not? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0BhIMNCFwHv

Spoiler:
    Show
    But really, I doubt anyone gives a **** about your accent except you.

ReputationRep:
    Ermmm that's actually really rude.
    And just a sentence and a half later..

Nigerian accents are literally the worst accents ever.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1LaU1sdc5c2

Spoiler:
    Show
    In case it is needed: "Do ya have something against northern accents, like?" Spoke by a Northumbrian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O.Ozz)
    I can't Embrace it, because it's sort of embarassing.. at least probably i should be happy i have some sort of a british acccent
    At least you don't have a high pitched girly squeaky voice?

I have a really manly accent sometimes, which is mostly northern but part Scottish. The Scottish part has saved me from becoming full on man

Try and get a speech disorder to you can go to speech therapy..? Just an idea lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as other people are communicating via vocaroo...
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0k1IHplAdAN

ReputationRep:
    Ermmm that's actually really rude. Northern accents aren't horrible. If anything, Nigerian accents are literally the worst accents ever.
    Your Logic:

"****ging off an accent is horrible"

*proceeds to **** off an accent*

You better chickidy check yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    Why is it embarrassing? It's your voice.

What does it matter if your accent is British or not? :lolwut:
    I suffer from Anxiety which makes cautious more about my voice

ReputationRep:
    As what Some people are already doing here... i will vocaroo my voice later this week to prove why i'm so cautious about my voice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Nigerian British and have lived in Manchester are my life, If i were you i'd learn to stop being so arsed about it, it makes you YOU and i find both nigerian and northern accents endearing, mine's a mixture

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I know you said to take this seriously but I laughed:rofl:. You know how some people put on a posh accent , can't you just put on your old accent when speaking and hope it sticks:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blablabla321)
    Sorry I know you said to take this seriously but I laughed:rofl:. You know how some people put on a posh accent , can't you just put on your old accent when speaking and hope it sticks:dontknow:
    I'm slowly trying to change my accent, which is progressing but the problem is I keep changing accents/voice and it has always been like for no reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyCaramba)
    I'm Nigerian British and have lived in Manchester are my life, If i were you i'd learn to stop being so arsed about it, it makes you YOU and i find both nigerian and northern accents endearing, mine's a mixture
    Yeah but the issue is i have never been to the midlands or North and i have a Mancunian/Northern whatever ****ing accent i have. :confused::confused:

Maybe it's because i suffer from Anxiety and i'm self conscious on my life. But for the past year it's made me more anxious when various people started noting my accent when i have basically lived in London all my life

see the problem in this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.