Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertlover)
    Avoid what exactly?? I'm a bit confused, do you attend the college?
    Well unless you wanna work like all day every day with no breaks and no social life outside of it, there's no point.

You might as well just go to a different private school and live somewhere...

I'm so so so glad I didn't end up going there.

But each to their own, best of luck!

The only reason they have such good grades is the fact that is all you do there. Like working that hard you'd expect nothing less than 100% in everything.

There are other schools where you can get good grades and enjoy a social life doing whatever you want. Parties, sports, music, drama etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Well unless you wanna work like all day every day with no breaks and no social life outside of it, there's no point.

The only reason they have such good grades is the fact that is all you do there. Like working that hard you'd expect nothing less than 100% in everything.

There are other schools where you can get good grades and enjoy a social life doing whatever you want. Parties, sports, music, drama etc
    Oh Wow, I definitely see what you mean. I'd also heard the exact same thing from a friend of mine. Thanks so much for the advice, if you don't mind me asking what school do you go to now then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertlover)
    Oh Wow, I definitely see what you mean. I'd also heard the exact same thing from a friend of mine. Thanks so much for the advice, if you don't mind me asking what school do you go to now then?
    Will PM you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know this thread is quite a while back but I was wondering if anyone going there now could give me advice on the application process. What are the entrance exams like? Also how do you find the school now? Would you recommend it to anyone wanting to go? I am applying this year for a hopeful 2017 entry by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, are you referring to the academic year of 2017?
    As, I have applied and am due to sit exams and attend an interview very soon.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, entry in September 2017. When is your interview and exam? If you don't mind me asking are you an overseas student? Nice to see someone else is applying anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mell2000)
    Hi, I know this thread is quite a while back but I was wondering if anyone going there now could give me advice on the application process. What are the entrance exams like? Also how do you find the school now? Would you recommend it to anyone wanting to go? I am applying this year for a hopeful 2017 entry by the way.
    Hi I am graduating this year...looking at this thread really brings back memories lol. I have to say that your time here will not be the easiest.

I found the entry tests quite manageable. Nothing too much to worry about if you are already achieving As. The interview is just to make sure that you are not a bad person? (i think)

You must be prepared to work towards what your goal is. The teachers are not the ones pushing you, neither is the school, it is the outstanding students you meet here that actually put on all the pressure to do well. It is true that there seems to be a lack of social life like a previous post mentioned but that is a sacrifice if you want to achieve the best I guess? (most successful people do not party all week) The school is still young and is currently making changes to how they operate like including new events and encouraging participation!

It is stressful, but if you are still insistent on your dream, go for it and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much that was very helpful. Yes I understand sacrificing for success, and I think the student pressure would be good for me cause I work best with competition. It seems the school is good for the goal oriented type which I try to be. Thanks again for the reply, are there any other tips you have for the admissions process?

(Original post by nikkishy)
    Hi I am graduating this year...looking at this thread really brings back memories lol. I have to say that your time here will not be the easiest.

I found the entry tests quite manageable. Nothing too much to worry about if you are already achieving As. The interview is just to make sure that you are not a bad person? (i think)

You must be prepared to work towards what your goal is. The teachers are not the ones pushing you, neither is the school, it is the outstanding students you meet here that actually put on all the pressure to do well. It is true that there seems to be a lack of social life like a previous post mentioned but that is a sacrifice if you want to achieve the best I guess? (most successful people do not party all week) The school is still young and is currently making changes to how they operate like including new events and encouraging participation!

It is stressful, but if you are still insistent on your dream, go for it and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkishy)

HI my interview + exam is in a weeks time from now, I was wondering if you might have any tips to help me prepare for the exam, especially the online reasoning test (if there is anyway I can prepare for this.
    Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mell2000)
    Yes, entry in September 2017. When is your interview and exam? If you don't mind me asking are you an overseas student? Nice to see someone else is applying anyway.
    My interview is roughly a week from now, I'm a local student well not anyway but will hopefully be moving down.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know you posted on this forum quite a while back. The things is I have my interview in about a weeks time I was wondering if by any chance you may have any useful info on how to prepare, in particular the on-line reasoning test (if there is anyway to prepare for this).
    Pls reply
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samson3221)
    Hi, I know you posted on this forum quite a while back. The things is I have my interview in about a weeks time I was wondering if by any chance you may have any useful info on how to prepare, in particular the on-line reasoning test (if there is anyway to prepare for this).
    Pls reply
    Thank you
    Hi! I did my interview through a phonecall. The admissions representative was visiting my country then and my mother went for a meet and greet kinda thing. I was very ill at the time so I had to stay home but the admissions tutor wanted to speak with me through the phone as he had an impression of my admission test scores and why not? (he said that lol) I guess there is no special tips I can give you as it is not a strict kind of interview. Just showcase your determination to study what you want to study and be friendly I guess? Also, show that you can be mature and independent as those traits are useful to survive here.

I didn't have an online reasoning test to do back then, so I'm sorry but I can't help you prepare for that.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)

I have a friend who currently goes there and he basically said the same thing!
    I ended up going to a fairly good college which is very close by.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Anyone joining the college in September 2017?

ReputationRep:
    hi guys ill be joining CSFC from Sep 2017

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I will be studying there from sept 2017. If you want you can hit me up on my facebook (Ventzi Bichakov). It would be nice to get to know someone before the beginning of the school year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.