Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Somali Society Mk III Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Salam! :bear:
    Wa alaykum salam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    I missed out on the new thread being made! (btw this is ArsenalObsessed in case you guys hasn't guessed)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Welcome how did your exams go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_Hijabi)
    Wa alaykum salam!
    Hows Ramadan treating you? I feel like I drink way too much water after iftar and regret it

ReputationRep:
    Hows Ramadan treating you? I feel like I drink way too much water after iftar and regret it
    Ramadan's good alhamdulillah!

Haha im te opposite! I dont drink much water (I eat so much) and end up becoming thirsty in the day and the cycle continuea

ReputationRep:
    What? When was this made lol? I was supposed to take first post but at least it was a fellow Pakistani

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan's good alhamdulillah!

Haha im te opposite! I dont drink much water (I eat so much) and end up becoming thirsty in the day and the cycle continuea
    Haha me too, the cycle continues even though I promise not to do it again. I dont even eat much as I drink too much water and it fills me up

ReputationRep:
    Haha me too, the cycle continues even though I promise not to do it again. I dont even eat much as I drink too much water and it fills me up
    How did your exams go? And did you do AS or A2 exams?

ReputationRep:
    How did your exams go? And did you do AS or A2 exams?
    Im at Uni actually, just finished 2nd year so 1 year left to go! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Im at Uni actually, just finished 2nd year so 1 year left to go! What about you?
    I'm supposed to be starting 2nd year in september but took a gap year so I shall be starting uni in september to study Psychology (with Arabic part time).

Quite nervous! Any advice when it comes to making friends in freshers week?

ReputationRep:
    New thread. .. I wasn't here for the grand opening.

I'm supposed to be starting 2nd year in september but took a gap year so I shall be starting uni in september to study Psychology (with Arabic part time).

Friends? Why do you need friends when you can study instead. What university shall you be studying at?

ReputationRep:
    Asalamu caleykum, see la yahay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    New thread. .. I wasn't here for the grand opening.

Friends? Why do you need friends when you can study instead. What university shall you be studying at?
    Its iqra lool

ReputationRep:
    Its iqra lool
    Oh, why isn't Secretnerd unbanned?

ReputationRep:

Goodluck! That sounds interesting, what Uni? Yes, I think many people (including me) over-think Freshers week and making friends. Everyone is in the same boat as you so dont feel nervous You'd make your initial friends either in the same class during induction etc or any societies you join. Although most make friends in their class. Dont worry, you dont have to make friends straight away on the first day, it'll just happen I promise you!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, why isn't Secretnerd unbanned?
    I can't seem to reverse my ban for some reason :/

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck! That sounds interesting, what Uni? Yes, I think many people (including me) over-think Freshers week and making friends. Everyone is in the same boat as you so dont feel nervous You'd make your initial friends either in the same class during induction etc or any societies you join. Although most make friends in their class. Dont worry, you dont have to make friends straight away on the first day, it'll just happen I promise you!
    Haha thanks for reassuring me

I'll be going queen mary's inshaAllah. Know of anyone who goes there?

btw whats induction?

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks for reassuring me

I'll be going queen mary's inshaAllah. Know of anyone who goes there?
    I'd advise not making friends. It may distract you from the main reason you chose to go to university and that's to study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umar1)
    Asalamu caleykum, see la yahay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wa alaykum salam. Waa la wanaagsanyahay! How u been?

I'd advise not making friends. It may distract you from the main reason you chose to go to university and that's to study.
    Hell no! I hope to make many good friends inshaAllah.

I feel like you think its impossible to get a first whilst having a social life at the same time. I know someone who got a first in law and she seemed to make lots of friends!

ReputationRep:
    Wa alaykum salam. Waa la wanaagsanyahay! How u been?
    Not too bad wallahi. Ramadan is going well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I feel like you think its impossible to get a first whilst having a social life at the same time. I know someone who got a first in law and she seemed to make lots of friends!
    I shan't subject myself to taking that chance.

"Friends exist only to serve as a distraction from your life objectives." - Anonymous_Trader

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.