Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What were you nervous about before starting uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_Hijabi)
    North west london (near wembley) . I'm somali with some arab origins

You don't need to be south Asian to wear hijab you know :/ its cumpulsory in Islam. It's not a cultural thing
    I know duuuude, I just thought you were Asian from your picture.

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Kings for Biomed and put Queen Mary as insurance! I really hope I get the grades! Plz pray for me!! But I decided to do psychology A level and I fell in love with it, if I didn't do Biomed I'd have done Psychology. But I hate it how, from my experience, people keep saying its a 'doss course'? Srsly, I got an A in AS Psychology but A2 was actually quite challenging for me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperFly)
    I firmed Kings for Biomed and put Queen Mary as insurance! I really hope I get the grades! Plz pray for me!! But I decided to do psychology A level and I fell in love with it, if I didn't do Biomed I'd have done Psychology. But I hate it how, from my experience, people keep saying its a 'doss course'? Srsly, I got an A in AS Psychology but A2 was actually quite challenging for me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! I pray you get the grades you need

Yeah many people told me that but I still applied because I absolutely loved psychology at A-level (came out with a high A overall) and i'd rather do something i enjoy. Yeah, I found A2 quite challenging too but definitely alot more interesting than AS (we did forensic psychology unit and went to a conference where we got to meet ex-convicts including a man who went into prison for manslaughter! )

ReputationRep:
    The conditions of my offer are so high, I'm unsure if I'll even get into my firm choice to begin with. That's all I'm nervous about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    I know duuuude, I just thought you were Asian from your picture.
    Oh because you said 'i'm assuming you're Asian because you wear hijab' which threw me off

Anyway, what do you study and where?

ReputationRep:
    Oh because you said 'i'm assuming you're Asian because you wear hijab' which threw me off

Anyway, what do you study and where?
    I just finished college, going Uni of Bristol in September to study Economics and Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    Im scared going to manchester met to do accounting and finance.

Scared about revision any tips I have never revised

ReputationRep:
    .. And how did you deal with it once you started?
    Not really worried about anything yet other than getting the grades that I need
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Internet speed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    The possibility that I may not have the intellectual capability to acquire a first in all my first-year modules.
    Presumably first year at your university didn't count..you should of relaxed bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    Presumably first year at your university didn't count..you should of relaxed bro.
    Everything counts. Firms will look at first year results to place you on 1st years summer/penultimate year internships.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to go to ucl.

I'm nervous about not getting into uni.

I think my first year counts towards my degree.

I wanna get a first in my first year.

ReputationRep:
    Coping with the workload

Was also scared I'd fail or not get honours degree when I started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Financial aid cleared through and speech.

ReputationRep:
    When I was at university previously I was more concerned with the fact that I needed a job, then something serious happened to me and I became ill and that was my primary concern. But now I am hoping this is my second attempt after completely messing up everything else and there will be no more UCAS cycles
    Nightworld1066

ReputationRep:
    I'd have gone there too but they don't do undergrad psychology (BSc) but i'm happy with queen mary so can't complain

Good luck! what will you be studying?
    I'm doing psychology at Queen Mary too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am considering psychology with councelling studies as my 3rd option this year. I am gonna go through social work on clearing first see what happens, then try health and well being, then try psychology with councelling and then try all part time options and then if nothing really happens my forth choice is OU

Nightworld1066

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! I pray you get the grades you need

Yeah many people told me that but I still applied because I absolutely loved psychology at A-level (came out with a high A overall) and i'd rather do something i enjoy. Yeah, I found A2 quite challenging too but definitely alot more interesting than AS (we did forensic psychology unit and went to a conference where we got to meet ex-convicts including a man who went into prison for manslaughter! )
    Wow your A2 psychology sounds way better than mine lol! What exam board were you with? I was with AQA. So did you take a gap year then? I think its great you're following what you want to do and listening to yourself i would have loved to do psychology but my family would have given me loads of shiz if i did, eapecially since my elser sister is a doc... I love psychology lol but biomed is interesting to me as well so i guess im okay...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.