Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 'love at first sight' complete ********? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    You're equating love with lust

I'm just thinking aloud here, but men will bang most things. Add a dash of personality and a sprinkle of time to that arrangement, and you've got yourself love. Works the same with women, but as a whole (and yes, this is a generalisation, I'm well aware of that guys so there's no need to bring me up on it later, y'all know it's true for most) a good amount of men are more easily led by their genitals than women are.

So I guess in a roundabout kinda way I'm agreeing with you.
    Nah, I actually made a thread a while ago and most of the men if not all agreed that men fall in love quicker than women

It might just be lust though, I dont know :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    well when I played my first Mission on Call of Duty, I instantly fell in love with it , and since that day i'm a Call of Duty Fan boy -

Dunno if that counts, but hey, there's an example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old_Simon)
    No more weird than marrying a complete stranger in an arranged marriage.
    You seem to know absolutely **** all about arranged marriages, and then you've given your opinion on it. Wow.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely not real, and I don't know anyone who this has happened to either. You can't love someone without knowing anything about them, but you can have a huge crush on them I guess if they're the most attractive person you've seen which can sometimes be mistaken as love I guess. Maybe that's where the misconception comes from.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is.

ReputationRep:
    'love at first sight' is a disguise phrase for desperation. it's like you're searching for someone to be with and you see someone who matches your 'type' and immediately you are in love with them. you can't properly feel emotions towards someone before you actually understand them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No its called sexual attraction, at best lust but definitely not love.

ReputationRep:
    Well considering most human beings look pretty much identical... 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth... usually some ears. It takes a lot for someone to stand out from the crowd.

Having said that occasionally I see someone and I'm like: Oh. My. God.

So yeah I'd say it can happen. But only if you've got odd tastes. If your tastes are pretty standard then you must fall in love at first sight with pretty much everyone!

Usually I'd say you should at least say a couple of words to someone before falling in love with them!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Usually getting attached to a person really quickly is a sign of lack of options.

ReputationRep:
    I think lust at first site is mistaken for love at first sight. I just don't think feelings like that develop so fast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's possible. I've read somewhere that the two partners compliment each other's metaphysical ''energy centers'' and that's why you may like someone immediately even if they are not physically attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's really lust at first sight, people think it's love but no it's not. You cannot love someone when you don't know anything about them, you're just in love with their appearance, not them as a person.

ReputationRep:
    You fools! There's even no such thing as love! It's a social construct propogated by the media! Just use your brains and think about it you idiots. Lust is the purest and most honest form of 'love'. Once there is no lust, there is no love. Married couples only stay together for so long because of their sense of familiarity and companionship towards each other. That's why it's harder to split up with someone, the longer you stay with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_Hijabi)
    Like in the movies, the couple 'bump' into eachother and immediately fall in love. Has this ever happened to you or anyone you know?
    I personally think it's pretty stupid to fall in love with someone you know nothing about..
    Its actually extremely disrespectful to the concept of love. You don't know someone you just met. You can't love someone you don't know anything about, that's ridiculous.

Lust at first sight maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Idk if like in movie but I have felt love when I see someone new lol It's just something about them
    And then they talk and it's all over lol

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely LUST at first sight! Have u ever wondered why ppl dont lust at ugly ppl?!

ReputationRep:
    It isn't real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maharaniii)
    Idk if like in movie but I have felt love when I see someone new lol It's just something about them
    And then they talk and it's all over lol
    Looool "they talk and its all over" :lol:

I've experienced this too but its just crushes. Wouldn't call it love

ReputationRep:
    I believe in love at first sight, though it's probably more of lust at first sight haha. Anyhow it did happen to me when I saw my former boyfriend. I literally did a double take. Almost like cupid shooting an arrow at me haha. I remember when I met him, I had no intention of dating anyone and obviously something about him made me change my mind. I've never felt so intensely about someone except him.
    Now, I can only hope to ever experience something like that again. Maybe it sounds cheesy, but it was magical while it lasted.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how many comments are from people who aren't even allowed to have boyfriends or girlfriends lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.