Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there actually ANY women on The Student Room? ( Tab article) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol feminists
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    A feminist wanting to become a journalist. That's as bad as it gets really.
    What if they then went into politics afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    What if they then went into politics afterwards?
    Please. We shall not speak anymore of such dark times that lay ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, firstly, what is "The Tab"? Secondly, that article is hogwash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    Those quotes seem fairly tame for this place.

Also I have to take issue with this:

We try. :emo:
    Haha that's exactly what I thought! I notice none of our retaliations get a mention!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)

But what I think was really outrageous were the kinds of things she was saying. For example in her very first point she says about Awesome-o that he's "most likely a virgin." That's a pretty low blow (and a ridiculous claim to make based on what he said) but like hell she'd say the same thing about a woman. Throughout her whole article she's reinforcing the very kind of gender-based social judgements she presumably wants to do away with.
    Spot on, mate! And there's also the other remark about the dark room aka mom's basement. So many self-declared feminists, gender warriors and patriarchy smashers insult men in ways (virgin, social status or wealth shaming) that are exactly the male ''qualities'' that the so called patriarchy would expect from them (men being assertive, confident, rich, high social status, sex with lots of women etc). All this while endlessly shoutingand beating their chests about they want to destroy anything related to the ''socially constructed'' gender roles .

On top of that, the petty insults and arguments make her look biased, childish and unprofessional , no better than the ''misogynists'' and ''trolls'' she's raging about.

ReputationRep:
    What the heck did I just read :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Haha that's exactly what I thought! I notice none of our retaliations get a mention!
    That's because you're women : eternal, defenseless, angelic, voiceless victims who have never displayed even one hint of misandry in all recorded herstory .

ReputationRep:
    she needs to calm down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    There was that one girl here, but the level of attention she sought exceeded the mass of the universe x the speed of light squared. So they had to ban her before she collapsed into a singularity attracting all attention within the event horizon and destroying TSR.

Astronomers at CalTech call it "supermassive black hole TL1"
    Plot twist; that was ISA.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a woman and I found that article stupidly heavy-going. Feminism was supposed to be a positive movement, to expand women's options and not to constrain them; I don't understand the modern Feminazi movement, not in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Den Haag)
    Future ''Guardian'' columnist writes:

http://tab.co.uk/2014/06/25/are-ther...-student-room/

But who was misandry?
    More of a daily mail journalist in the making I would say.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Den Haag)
    That's because you're women : eternal, defenseless, angelic, voiceless victims who have never displayed even one hint of misandry in all recorded herstory .
    So you think any response to those posts must by default have been misandry? Right...

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed the article! Twas funny and tbh I've seen worse on the forum than I have in that article tbh

That's the point of The Tab btw... To shock people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That article was probably written by a feminist who was schooled in a debate on this forum. Unable to produce arguments against those who disagreed with him/her, he/she then wrote that article knowing that a stereotypical lefty student paper like Tab would lap it up and that any rational response would be hidden in the BTL comments or deleted by the site's moderators altogether.

It's also an appallingly written article. At least most of the feminists on here do attempt to compose arguments - this is just a page of screenshots coupled with pseudo-humourous comments like "this guy must be a virgin" etc. Pathetic. If this is what passes for student journalism nowadays then I worry about the future of our country's media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #Ridwan)
    That article was probably written by a feminist who was schooled in a debate on this forum. Unable to produce arguments against those who disagreed with him/her, he/she then wrote that article knowing that a stereotypical lefty student paper like Tab would lap it up and that any rational response would be hidden in the BTL comments or deleted by the site's moderators altogether.

It's also an appallingly written article. At least most of the feminists on here do attempt to compose arguments - this is just a page of screenshots coupled with pseudo-humourous comments like "this guy must be a virgin" etc. Pathetic. If this is what passes for student journalism nowadays then I worry about the future of our country's media.
    The Tab isn't leftist and that is the point of The Tab... A bit of satire and shock added to the news. It distinguishes self from other student papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A poorly written, article written by a feminist Jew (see surname: Gold).. Could she play the victim card any more?
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    More of a daily mail journalist in the making I would say.

Was thinking the same thing, her lack of journalistic integrity would make her a bit of a gamble even at the Star.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Jon)
    I'm not the one who wrote that article but I don't get why everyone assumes we're all future Guardian columnists!

That's the point of The Tab btw... To shock people

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who said anything about all? I was only talking about the misandrist feminazi who wrote the article. And if the aim is to shock, can you link any Tab articles where feminazis are mocked for believing gender roles are mostly socially constructed or that a Godzilla like creature called the patriarchy actually exists in the West?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.