Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Films starring real-life related actors? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Royal Tenenbaums has Owen Wilson and Luke Wilson.

ReputationRep:
    Paper Moon starred Ryan O'Neal and his daughter Tatum

Linda Hamilton's identical twin sister Leslie played her doppelganger in Terminator 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissAP)
    Zoolander had Ben Stiller and his wife, his father, mother, sister and brother-in-law
    Dodgeball and Tropic Thunder also had Ben Stiller and his wife

ReputationRep:
    John and Joan Cusack were in 16 Candles, High Fidelity and Say Anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    John and Joan Cusack were in 16 Candles, High Fidelity and Say Anything.
    And Grosse Pointe Blank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    And Grosse Pointe Blank.
    With Minnie Driver who was in Good Will Hunting with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck who are distant cousins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    With Minnie Driver who was in Good Will Hunting with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck who are distant cousins.
    It's a tiny world. (I mention much earlier in the thread that two more Cusack siblings are in GPB as well, but I'll repeat it here in case you didn't start at the top.)

ReputationRep:
    It's a tiny world. (I mention much earlier in the thread that two more Cusack siblings are in GPB as well, but I'll repeat it here in case you didn't start at the top.)
    GPB is one of my favourite films. I can't remember if John and Joan played siblings in 16 Candles, they did in Say Anything. I vaguely knew the other Cusack siblings were actors but did not know they were in GPB.

Its quite amusing to think two lots of unrelated Cusacks families have a lot of their family in films.

I.e. John Cusack and the children of the late Cyril Cusack e.g. Sinead Cusack who is married to Jeremy Irons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    GPB is one of my favourite films. I can't remember if John and Joan played siblings in 16 Candles, they did in Say Anything. I vaguely knew the other Cusack siblings were actors but did not know they were in GPB.

Its quite amusing to think two lots of unrelated Cusacks families have a lot of their family in films.

I.e. John Cusack and the children of the late Cyril Cusack e.g. Sinead Cusack who is married to Jeremy Irons.
    GPB is probably my favourite film of all time. I know there are films which are objectively better, but I just like this one best. The waiter in the cocktail bar is brother Bill and drunken Amy is their sister Ann. Mum's a maths teacher in real life. She's not in it!

ReputationRep:
    Martin Kemp and Gary Kemp in The Krays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Martin Kemp and Gary Kemp in The Krays.
    And Gary Kemp's wife Sadie Frost.

ReputationRep:
    GPB is probably my favourite film of all time. I know there are films which are objectively better, but I just like this one best. The waiter in the cocktail bar is brother Bill and drunken Amy is their sister Ann. Mum's a maths teacher in real life. She's not in it!
    I suppose you could call it a black rom com. Its witty and a bit dry, like the Thin Man films.

John seem to like to star with British actresses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    I suppose you could call it a black rom com.

John seem to like to star with British actresses
    Yes. I used to fondly dream it would give me a chance if we ever met..... Except I'm not an actress....

ReputationRep:
    Higher Ground

Taissa and Vera Farmiga

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Donnie Darko stars both Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal.
    Was the first one that came to mind. Such a great film.

ReputationRep:
    In The Bucket List, Morgan Freeman's son is played by his real son Alfonso.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I used to fondly dream it would give me a chance if we ever met..... Except I'm not an actress....
    It would be handy to be in acting to meet and work with actors although there loads of other jobs you can do in the film industry.

I like Say Anything as well, I liked his innocence and Iona Skye was really good as well. in fact I like a lot of John's films except Must like Dog which was a bit of a dog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    It would be handy to be in acting to meet and work with actors although there loads of other jobs you can do in the film industry.

I like Say Anything as well, I liked his innocence and Iona Skye was really good as well. in fact I like a lot of John's films except Must like Dog which was a bit of a dog.
    I adore Say Anything. Second favourite film of all time. The boombox scene makes me tear up every time.

I have no aspirations to be in the film industry, although I would love to make props.

ReputationRep:
    White Chicks has the Wayans brothers playing the main characters. They wre in Scary Movie together, too.

ReputationRep:
    I adore Say Anything. Second favourite film of all time. The boombox scene makes me tear up every time.

I have no aspirations to be in the film industry, although I would love to make props.
    I am sensing a pattern with John Cusack films and your preferences.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.