(Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    no pic...
    Of what im at now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nvmthename)
    Of what im at now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    are there supposed to be pics/vids on this post?

"Any tips apart from fix my fence and get a hair cut?"

ReputationRep:
    are there supposed to be pics/vids on this post?

"Any tips apart from fix my fence and get a hair cut?"
    Nah 2 vids i can see them on the app but funnily enough i just checked the browser and nothing.

Posted fom TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you do what I tend to do when I get tired - turn a row into a semi shrug. Not sure how bad a thing that is though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionz)
    you do what I tend to do when I get tired - turn a row into a semi shrug. Not sure how bad a thing that is though...
    I know yeah, i was knackered in that clip, i couldnt even be bothered loading a 20plate lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Short session today.

Dl: 82 5kg 5,5.

Press: 42.5kg 4.
    40kg 5,5,5.

Curl: 25kg 8,8,8.

If ive got time tonight i'll do some push ups / dips and core.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jul 14th.

Zercher 42.5kg: 5,5,5,5,5.

Bench 50kg: 5,5,5,5,5.

Bent over row 62.5kg: 5,5,5,5,5.

Curls 27.5kg: 8,8. Im not logging the third set, so many sluts here.

I really need dbs and another pull up bar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Today I trained with my dad, hes naturally huge and use to be an athelete back in his day.

When i talk about lifting with him he doesnt say much apart from he use to and doesnt remember his stats apart from his long distance running.

So today he wanted to try out the oly bar as he does occasional work outs with a 1" spin lock to keep mobile and generally fit.

I told him about the way i train and my rest times, his reply was 'no wonder youve always had the fat of a powerlifter, you train like one.'

So i started with deads. 85kg *5.

All was fine, then bb row, 60kg 5,5,5.

To which my dad is like seriously? I know youre eating like a girl now but 3 sets? He then whacks out 4 sets of 10 reps with 60kg, he has bad knees, back and neck (as he broke his neck 30years ago,) so im like i really wouldnt do that if i was you.

He then calls me a pussy and makes the point he hasnt lifted in 3 decades and did 40reps of strict form rows with 1minute rest time.

Im seriously amazed at this point and im like ok im going to do ohp now, i get 5 reps with 42.5kg, he says my form is ****, drops the weight to 30kg.
    Im then told to do atleast 10 reps otherwise im being put up for adoption lol.

I got 12 reps, then he said 30 second sprints, then 30second standing rests.
    3 more sets followed where i only got 6 reps each time.

Side lat raises with 5kg plates for 15reps, in which i apparently wasnt sweating enough (i was soaked,) i did this for 4 sets, on the final 2 only getting 12 reps.

Then we finished with curls with 45seconds rest... da ****?
    27.5kg for 8.
    20kg for 15, 8,6,6.

Apparently i train like a pussy, im not allowed to drink untill i buy a squat rack.

Wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    he sounds insane, will be cool to see if he can still squat/deadlift some decent numbers.

ReputationRep:
    he sounds insane, will be cool to see if he can still squat/deadlift some decent numbers.
    All he remembers from squats is that at one point he weighed 16-17stone (he admitted not lean) and would load the bar with every plate the gym had (which he says wasnt much, maybe 130kg) and do 4-6sets matching his partners reps and visa versa.

I dont think he ever deadlifted tbh, but he spoke of an exercise his rugby / football team did (i forgot which,) where when youre in the hole of a squat you leap forward like a frog, he was quick to point out people soon stopped doing it after nearly the whole team suffered an injury at one point or another lol.

A lot of family and friends said he could had chances to play for lower tier professional football teams but he drank too much then eventually snapped some **** up in his neck abroad... must feel bad lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

intensity breeds immensity

you need to man up and train hard

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by commandant)
      intensity breeds immensity

you need to man up and train hard
      I loved it tbh, my dad even offered to buy my oly dbs and an ez bar as long as i dont rest over 90seconds lmfao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I wish I had your dad. Sounds like a hero.

"Get 10 reps or you're getting adopted" LMFAO

ReputationRep:
      I also completely forgot to add after the press he made me super set close grip bench press and push ups, i couldnt do many push ups at all, 30kg cgbp 12reps then 6reps? I forgot to paper log it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      your dad

ReputationRep:
      18th July.

Zercher 42.5kg 8,8,8.
      Bruises my arms to ****.

Bench 52.5kg 5,5,5.
      Standard.

Row 65kg 5,5.
      60kg 9,9. Couldnt get 10 without leaning back and jerking the weight.

Bb curl 25kg 12, 8.
      Bar 10,7,10. Not sure what happened here lol.
      Very short rest times

I also really need to weigh myself sometime soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      21 july.

Deadlift: 90kg 5.

Right i need to address my press form, its always strict and pause but as my dad points out i lean back far too much and need to control the bar more on the way down.

35kg 6,6,6,6.
      I felt a lot more solid and tight, the rep to weight ratio felt perfect as the 5th rep wasnt too difficult, 6th gave a burn but was 1 or 2 reps away from failure i might stay at this weight but increase the reps untill 37.5kg feels just as comfortable and progress like this.

Close grip incline bench: 40kg 10,10,10,10.

That was it, very short session, but now ive gotten a lot of things out of the way and have a lot of free time.
      I feel i need more leg work and direct trap work into my routine, i'm still to add a pair of oly dbs, cage / half rack, ez bar and another sandbag to my collection so for now im sticking to this routine and mixing things up every few sessions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Jul 23rd

Today i was going for very short rest times on rows, squats, curls and raises, felt amazing and something im not use to.

Bench: 55kg 5,5,5.

Row: 65kg 8,8,8.

Hack squat: 50kg 12,12,12.
      Felt awesome and i have a feeling this exercise could be brilliant for fixing deadlift form for myself and a lot of other people.

Curl: 27.5kg 8,8
      25kg 10
      -Superset with side plate raises: 5kg 12,12,12.

Also an update on weight, since the start ive lost 1-2lbs, not huge but the past week and a half I've had 4 important events to attend so i know my weight slightly increased again, doesnt bother me at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      25th

Deadlift: 92.5kg 5.

Press: 37.5kg 6,6,6,6.
      Major improvements today, my dad is epic; he made the point that even in my warm ups i lean back too much to call my form strict so told me to act like im bracing for a backsquat, not to fully rest the bar on my chest but rather let it graze it and pause then drive with the palms.
      Seriously took my back and any momentum out of the equation.

Rows: 62.5kg 5,5,5,5,5.

Finished the work out by loading a hiking rucksake with a 20plate and jogging around, no times or distances.

Bit disapointed i couldnt get an incline cgbp or curls session in, as you can tell by log time i had to do this pretty late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.